Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do you drive?

WakeGirl

What type of drive is your boat?  

469 members have voted

1. 1. What type of drive is your boat?

• Direct Drives rule!
    • V-Drive all the way baby!
    • Forget about those stinking inboards, my i/o does everything I need it to!
    • I can't imagine life without my outboard!
    • Props are over-rated, jet drive is the way to go!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• NorCaliBu

• UWSkier

• VinRLX

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

V-drive woohoo!!!! great wake, lots of people room, lots of stuff room. You dont run into the pylon, since it hides away in the sundeck. vdrives Yahoo.gif all the way man!! Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

V-drives with Hammerheads RULE!

Hey now Stewart getting the whole family to vote VD is cheating tease.gif

Hey, she is a qualified member. Remember, she went to WOW last year. And this year she is doing Memorial Day and WOW. :(

Do ya think Slider and Wakegirl didn't each vote Yahoo.gif

V-drives with Hammerheads RULE!

Hey now Stewart getting the whole family to vote VD is cheating tease.gif

Hey, she is a qualified member. Remember, she went to WOW last year. And this year she is doing Memorial Day and WOW. :(

Do ya think Slider and Wakegirl didn't each vote Yahoo.gif

You notice that I haven't said anything here, right? :blush:

At the factory tour I asked which model baot was most popular and ordered the most. He said the LSV and VLX are neck and neck. When I chose my boat last year I tested a few and thought the 21 XTI DD drove the best and was the most versatile. I know I am never going to need a competion size wake for any watersports so it is a good fit and the layout is nice.

I regret not driving a Response. If I were to buy now I would want to try one. The Response with a wedge and a tower would probably be perfect for me and I think it sits in the water the best. Meaning, I like the way it looks better than the WS models.

The next configuration LSV will be a foot longer too. Kind of slipped out when I was talking to one of the disciplines at the factory. KC

Edited by KCMOTOXXX

Hopefully Malibu will start offering 8-track decks in the direct drives, because that's about how old school they are, heheh... Tongue.gif

Guys, we have CD's and MP3's now, just like V-drives. Move on, put the slalom down and slowly back away...

I'm not out of shape enough to need to ride on something roughly the shape of a piece of plywood. Tongue.gif Someday, when I am really old and feeble, I'll probably take up wakeboarding but until then I'll keep playing with the skinny stick and the little rubber bouys. Clap.gif

Guys, we have CD's and MP3's now, just like V-drives. Move on, put the slalom down and slowly back away...

Allow me to point out an observation my ski team continues to see every semester and Alibuma mentioned back at the old homestead a few weeks ago...

When we do recruiting on campus as the "Waterski and Wakeboard" team, about 90% of the kids who sign up sign up as wakeboarders. They usually have a waterski background but have become wakeboarders in recent years. About 2 weeks into the season, most of them are asking to borrow skis and gloves and the wakeboards are collecting dust. Yahoo.gif

As long as there are slalom courses, slalom will never die. Yahoo.gif

Problem:

I've owned boats since I was 14 (40 now), ridden in who knows how many lakes, rivers, streams, bays, etc. and never even SEEN a single slalom course except on TV.

:lol:ROFL.gif

Last year we were on the delta and my 11 (soon to be 12) year old nephews were with us, they have been boating with us since 1997, long story short, they saw there 1st slalom skier and asked, "what is that"?

Edited by stewart
:) Nothing more than big dorkin' barges bought by guys with WAAAY too much money for kids with no sense of how to use the things. Of course, this doesn't apply to TMC/MBO V-drive owners. :)

V-Drives rule! I don't even know why this is in a poll format? It's obvious the DD owners are all rationalizing their purchase!

...and it's ok, even I was there once... Long live the sportster!

:)

I would love another DD vs VD discussion, however I just cant seem to go there. While Aneal000 is Mr. Wakeboard, I have seen him slalom and foot. He is good at all of them and is a VD owner. Maybe there is more to the story.

Maybe the VD owners need bigger boats to compensate for....... Shocking.gif