Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Backlighting on the emblem?

Badger

I want to get behind the Wakesetter logo and take the lighting out of the Interior lights circuit. Then I'm going to add a new circuit of LEDs for colored backlighting. 

Do do I have to take this whole panel off to get to the back of that logo?  Or is there an easier way that I'm missing?

D2143A88-340C-4588-80D5-76C4A19C5272_zps

On mine I have 2 visible screws that hold the whole assembly cover and light base to the panel. They come out and the assembly comes off with the wires pulling through the panel. On yours it appears the studs are epoxied or otherwise attached on the back side of the assembly, so you will have to reach behind with a wrench to remove the nuts. Don't over tighten the nuts when you reinstall them or the assembly will warp most likely. As an after thought, on my '10 I took that POC cooler out to make a ton more storage room in that section. You will then have an easy shot to access the assembly. The cup holders will come out too if you want to go that route instead.

Edited by wdr

Thanks WDR.  I tried every which way to get my hand back there and couldn't get at the back of the emblem.  Looking at the picture now, I didn't think about pulling the speaker out and going that route.  

As far as the cooler goes, I don't really need the storage, so empties or wet gloves and ropes normally get thrown in there.