Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hopefully Malibu # 2 for me

jbower

Well looks like I may be the proud owner of another Malibu. Deal should be done on my response today and just put a deposit on a 99vlx. Waiting on cleaning and service so I can test drive. They just took it in Saturday on trade and just posted it on the website yesterday so I jumped on it ?

• Like 2

Congratulations!  Boat looks great.  I just purchased a VLX a couple of weeks ago & still blown away by how much room there is compared to my Echelon.  

I absolutely loved my response but we have a newborn and the wife was begging for more room and storage. Looks like we got it. 

The previous owner removed the table. It's there just not bolted on. I like the idea but that side is the side we step onto when it's on the lift so it may be in the way

Test drive it today. Drives awesome. It honestly just needs a little tlc. Has one fill pump for 2 rear bags and 2 drain pumps not sure why they did that but oh well. Ski locker sack needs plumbed with pumps. It will need perfect pass but Bimini is top of the list with a new baby on board

besides that it should be on my lift tomorrow evening 

• Like 2

Got the new boat home. Did a quick wax job and put it in the water. Runs amazing although gauges act a little funny, I noticed on the test drive. Think I will check the cannon plug and probably run a new ground to the medallion after I move the battery. I think the rear locker sacks are 550s maybe. Any ways with those full and the locker sack full wake is a lot better than my response was. It definetley needs more bow weight though. Hopefully I can get by with throwing an extra 750 I have laying around up front and partial filling it. Other than that I am pretty happy with it 

5C91AEE8-CABB-4E3B-8F84-0185FCA8151C_zps

before the wax job. It will need a little polishing around the rub rail and transom. Hopefully it can wait until winter. 

• Like 4

Well guys I spent a few hours today changing up the ballast. I added an extra tsunami 800 to fill one of the rear bags since they had one pump tees to too bags. Swapped out the 400s or 500s or what ever they where for 750s. I teed the new pump off the one intake with the other. In the end I fill both 750s in less time than both bags filled previously. Also added a ballast puppy to the ski locker sack but I have not vented it yet. I would say before with filling the tears then taking an extra hose they had plumbed but not attached to ski locker sack vs what I have now it is. It only simple hitting a switch and filling but probably 5 minutes faster. One thing I have a question with is should I put a check valve in the fill line in the rear? Or close the ball valves that I have inline? I noticed after filling I didn't close the ball valves and the bags drained a little 

Sorry for spelling I don't always catch what my phone ends up with

Thanks chatty21vlx. The cans say diamond something on them. They are loaded with Polk 6.5 components with a polk midrange driver next to them. The speakers are not in the best condition so I will eventually change those for some wet sounds. I have no use for the old bags. They have no leaks but they are pretty stiff compared to the new 750's I put in. But I'd be will to let them go

• 1 month later...

Getting back to the subject of my new boat. Finally received my Bimini top and started buffing and waxing one side is pretty much done532F5AEC-8D83-4F27-8410-DD7FD491AE26_zps

E54636D9-BE4E-4784-987E-4C091AF3D986_zps

• Like 2