Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 axis t22

AC

Hello everyone I am looking at purchasing a 2015 axis t22 with 20 hours on it. It seems to be in exceptionally well shape and is priced similar to all the 2012 Malibu wake setters I see with about 300 hours on it. The wake setters are a lot more visually appealing but I just can't rationalize spending the same money for something 4 years old compared to pretty much brand new. Also does the 75k range seem right for both of these? Can you guys please give me your advice I believe I will be purchasing one of them tomorrow. Thanks a lot!

Edited by AC
ahopkins22LSV

Well one key feature is the Axis will have surf gate, which in my opinion is key. The T22 surfs very good. I surf one all summer. 

75k seems a bit high, but thay depends on where you are located. Also is the axis being sold as a new boat?  If it is, you will be the full manufacturers warranty from the day of the sale. 

@75K that better be a super B.A. T22.  For 75K you should definitely be able to crack the surfgate malibus (2013 and newer), and get a very well equipped brand new T22 with the five year warranty.  That's really the big notable difference between the 15 and 16 T22s.  Actually, if the 15 T22 is being sold to you as used, I don't believe that there'd be ANY warranty (not transferable), which would definitely influence my decision.

Assuming you aren't in canada.  If you are in canada, I'd say that price seems pretty good/reasonable at current exchange rates.

I just saw a "new" 2015 well-optioned T23 sitting on the showroom floor at Boulder boats in PHX for $69k and change. 5.7, Surfgate, wedge, carpet, StereoP1, nice trailer... http://www.boulderboats.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=446159&pov=4274700

As another comparison- my new '16 T22, well-optioned was <$67k. We ordered it in October for an April delivery; lot's of deals to be had during the off-season. AFAIK, primary difference between '16 & '15 is hydraulic surfgate & improved warranty. I believe updated dash too.

Edited by IdahoAxis
  • Like 2
37 minutes ago, IdahoAxis said:

I just saw a "new" 2015 well-optioned T23 sitting on the showroom floor at Boulder boats in PHX for $69k and change. 5.7, Surfgate, wedge, carpet, StereoP1, nice trailer... http://www.boulderboats.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=446159&pov=4274700

As another comparison- my new '16 T22, well-optioned was <$67k. We ordered it in October for an April delivery; lot's of deals to be had during the off-season. AFAIK, primary difference between '16 & '15 is hydraulic surfgate & improved warranty. I believe updated dash too.

Zactly.  I don't see how you get into the 70s on a T22 without getting into the 450 motor.

For a used '15 you should be low 60's depending on where you live.  New '16's can be had for low 60's and that's with the new 5year warranty.