Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What are you and your boat doing for Memorial Day weekend?

bamabonners

At the rate this Northeast weather is going, boat will be in the driveway and we will be sitting around a campfire at our river lot trying to stay warm!! 

Hopefully spending each morning on the ski course!  That is of course, no pun intended, if it's not snowing.  Crazy Michigan weather, warmer April than May.

Here you go.  I updated the photo to more accurately depict Spring 2016 in Wisconsin.  

Haha!

We actually  had snow on Saturday .... :(

We'll be having a Star Wars themed birthday party for my son who is turning 5.  My boat will still be in the garage.  Had a small medical setback last weekend and I'm on the mend until the first weekend in June.  Fortunately the weather in Michigan has been so disgustingly bad I am not really missing anything.

Lake Nacimiento even though we didn't get much rain in SoCal this year. Then planning a trip to Lake Shasta the last week in June. Shasta got quite a bit of rain and is almost full. Then a week on Lake Powell in mid July. 

2 hours ago, pknappe said:

Lake Nacimiento even though we didn't get much rain in SoCal this year. Then planning a trip to Lake Shasta the last week in June. Shasta got quite a bit of rain and is almost full. Then a week on Lake Powell in mid July. 

That's where ill be

20 hours ago, socalsarge said:

Hopefully spending each morning on the ski course!  That is of course, no pun intended, if it's not snowing.  Crazy Michigan weather, warmer April than May.

Do you have a course on Sylvan?

Family is heading to Norris, meeting friends who are driving up from SC.  Hopefully ski in AM, head to coves in afternoon, fire up the Green Mountain smoker for smoked meats in the evenings.

4 hours ago, lasik said:

Family is heading to Norris, meeting friends who are driving up from SC.  Hopefully ski in AM, head to coves in afternoon, fire up the Green Mountain smoker for smoked meats in the evenings.

That sounds great!  I'd love to drag my boat down there sometime.

Have a high school graduation to attend on Saturday.  Hopefully Sunday we will be cruising the delta and hanging. Maybe drop anchor in Secret slough for a little while.

23 hours ago, lasik said:

We are headed to Norris also.  Looking forward to kicking off the summer with the first of many trips there.  This will be our first year with the boat on a lift at Norris.

We got a ton of outdoor stuff coming I get to assemble so we can play with it before the holiday weekend:

- Outdoor sofa set
- 50" LED TV I'm hanging in our gazebo with a custom swing down mount I get to build (goes with the whole sofa deal)
- Install Xbox 360 to feed TV and streaming to said TV.
- Assemble trampoline

Of course none of this stuff is here yet and I have other projects to do.  So hopefully get that together and use it + take the boat out twice that weekend.  Probably hit up The Wilds on the 3rd day before our membership expires, which will take up most of a day.

Heading down to our place on the Rio Hardy River on Thursday, installing my new Kicker KMS67's and enjoying the water Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Going to the 1st annual Guzman's Cantina Mud Bog contest and then closing the weekend with the annual Rio Hardy River Poker Run.

6 hours ago, sim6784-ride said:

We are headed to Norris also.  Looking forward to kicking off the summer with the first of many trips there.  This will be our first year with the boat on a lift at Norris.

What part of lake?

we'll be in the white & vapor blue T22

Boat will happily be resting on lift Saturday and Sunday while the crazies take over the lake and we are in Dallas for daughter's soccer tournament.  Early Monday morning the surf sessions will begin!

11 hours ago, lasik said:

What part of lake?

we'll be in the white & vapor blue T22

Our slip is at the Sequoyah Marina.  We do make our way to most of the marinas for lunch or dinner during our stay, so we will hit alot of the Powell River side of the lake.  We have the blue/black/white vRide  that is pictured in my profile.

BTW, I noticed you list Loveland as your location.  We are also in Loveland.

12 hours ago, sim6784-ride said:

Our slip is at the Sequoyah Marina.  We do make our way to most of the marinas for lunch or dinner during our stay, so we will hit alot of the Powell River side of the lake.  We have the blue/black/white vRide  that is pictured in my profile.

BTW, I noticed you list Loveland as your location.  We are also in Loveland.

That's freaky

we should have a beer at The Works or Cappies

If the weather holds I'll try to get out in the morning at least one but hopefully two (not likely) days over the long weekend. We're never on the water past 10 or 11 on the holiday weekends so they will be quick trips.