Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What are you and your boat doing for Memorial Day weekend?

bamabonners

I'll be at the lake. Hopefully with a recently delivered dock. So, I'll probably be working on the new dock most of the weekend getting ready to come back down the first week of June for vacation and Wake the World.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, minnmarker said:

I'm arranging for great weather in the 80's to make up for all the sucky weather we're having now.  Weekend of the 21st will be spent getting the pontoon and swim raft in.  When said weather materializes on the 27th we'll be at the cabin with family using all the toys :yahoo:

Arrange for that weather now! Or at least mid 60s to 70s.  Footed last Friday and water and air temps were good. Now not so much. :(

Several of us TMC members will be on Smith. Usually between the Dam and Smith Lake Park in Cullman.
Give us a shout if any of you make it out our way.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
Just now, inlandlaker said:

I may be going to visit a banned TMC member.  However, if my Brother does come to town, I may not be headed to see said banned member.

You should be skiing with this current TMC member! That other guy isn't that fun anyway. 

Just now, ahopkinsTXi said:

You should be skiing with this current TMC member! That other guy isn't that fun anyway. 

Agreed on the skiing part.  I have yet to do so this season.  You know what's going on in my world, so time has not really been my friend..

1 hour ago, ibelonginprison said:

Several of us TMC members will be on Smith. Usually between the Dam and Smith Lake Park in Cullman.
Give us a shout if any of you make it out our way.

I may ride over to the marina and say hi if you guys spend any time around the dock 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, RyanB said:

We have had some great trips to Big Mac, as well as some terrible ones.  This early in the year is really a crap shoot with the weather.  Where are you staying?

For us, this year is a toss up.  We will either be spending the weekend with the Malibu on the houseboat at Lake Powell, or taking the fishing boat to Blue Mesa near Gunnison.  Unless the weather looks perfect, it will likely be a fishing boat weekend.

I've been thinking the weather will be a total crap shoot but a few coworkers are going there, some good customer/friends are up there with their pontoon and jet skis so add in the boat and should be a good time if we don't get stormed out.  We're staying in a hotel Friday night and find a camping spot Saturday, everything is already booked except a few more expensive options that I don't want to pay for.  

24 minutes ago, chris4x4gill2 said:

I may ride over to the marina and say hi if you guys spend any time around the dock 

Awesome. We'll make sure to get up with you then. 

I'll introduce you to the other couple of TMC folks that we have floating around.

• Like 1

Probably avoid the crowds and leave the boat in the storage facility. I will def take a day off later in week and get some by myself lake time in though. @Ibelonginprison, you need to play hookie one day ?? 

We will be getting out early on the local lakes.  Head home by 10 or 11 and chill by the pool.  I haven't decided what to put in the smoker yet but I am leaning towards a pork butt

• Like 1

Hopefully if it stops raining long enough, out on the Delaware river with the kids. Kids...youngest being 25. 

I am hoping to have it back from storage.  I ordered two transom lights(blue) from boatpluglight.com and they should be installed and ready before Memorial Day weekend.  I am really looking forward to seeing what they look like.  I cant wait to get it on the lift so we can use it whenever we want.  We bought ours 2005 VLX at the end of last summer so we still have to "get to know" each other.

• Like 1

Hopefully finally taking out my new VLX!  Goes in the water next weekend but probably won't be able to get her out on the lake till Memorial Day weekend with everyone else, unfortunately!  I think I will use that weekend to break her in...Hopefully it stops raining and actually gets above 70!

• Like 2

Planning on being on the water with some family Friday and Saturday. I work Sunday. Monday morning I'm going to a ceremony for my father-in-law, who has passed, his name is being added to a Vietnam War memorial after being exposed to Agent Orange. After that the wife and I are going to watch the Cubs woop the Dodgers at Wrigley.  I havent been there for a couple years. I hope the weather changes by then to more summer like temperature. It will be a great weekend regardless! I'll be sure to post some pics.

On May 13, 2016 at 8:20 AM, TCdave said:

Moving into our new (to us) house on the lake:yahoo:.

That is sweet!! You will love lake living?

The 'bu will be in the water so between weekend projects and a concert with my daughter I hope for a couple early morning ski runs and a margarita cruise or two.

For Victoria Day long weekend in B.C. we'll be up at our cottage in LaCasa on Okanagan Lake, unfortunately the boat isn't done so I'll have to resort to the dirt bike and drinking to keep me occupied. Oh and my newborn daughter.  

On May 13, 2016 at 7:54 AM, RyanB said:

We have had some great trips to Big Mac, as well as some terrible ones.  This early in the year is really a crap shoot with the weather.  Where are you staying?

For us, this year is a toss up.  We will either be spending the weekend with the Malibu on the houseboat at Lake Powell, or taking the fishing boat to Blue Mesa near Gunnison.  Unless the weather looks perfect, it will likely be a fishing boat weekend.

Not sure if all the state parks have changed but chatfield won't let a boat on without a seal on unless it goes thru decon.  They said all the parks have adopted the new rule.  And they said if we go to Mac, Powell or any other lake that doesn't do a seal we'd have to go thru decon again.  That hour of them fumbling around trying to decon the boat has me rethinking about dealing with that again.  

12 hours ago, racer808 said:

Not sure if all the state parks have changed but chatfield won't let a boat on without a seal on unless it goes thru decon.  They said all the parks have adopted the new rule.  And they said if we go to Mac, Powell or any other lake that doesn't do a seal we'd have to go thru decon again.  That hour of them fumbling around trying to decon the boat has me rethinking about dealing with that again.  

None of the lakes in Colorado are supposed to let you on without a seal.  And if you go from a contaminated lake like Chatfield to a clean lake like Horsetooth, they still require a decon.

The last trip with my Malibu was to Powell.  I took it in to the CPW HQ to have the decon done, and without exaggerating it took them 2 hours and 15 minutes.  

I am likely done with trips to Big Mac / Glendo, etc because of the decon process.  Still will do 3 or 4 Powell trips, but I think it is worth the effort there.

The ANS / AIS stuff really sucks.

26 minutes ago, RyanB said:

None of the lakes in Colorado are supposed to let you on without a seal.  And if you go from a contaminated lake like Chatfield to a clean lake like Horsetooth, they still require a decon.

The last trip with my Malibu was to Powell.  I took it in to the CPW HQ to have the decon done, and without exaggerating it took them 2 hours and 15 minutes.  

I am likely done with trips to Big Mac / Glendo, etc because of the decon process.  Still will do 3 or 4 Powell trips, but I think it is worth the effort there.

The ANS / AIS stuff really sucks.

I've never had that problem before.  Typically they just jumped aboard & inspected it, if it was dry they let me through.  Once they found water & made me sponge it up & I was on my way.  The only other time I had to go through decon was when I bought the Bu up from AZ.  Same with Horse, I've always gotten on from Chatfield to horse, but the guy did tell me it depends on what color paper they give you on the way out.  This year they've been blue so I may have issues at Horse, which suck, its already a long time to get on if you don't get there early

2 hours ago, racer808 said:

I've never had that problem before.  Typically they just jumped aboard & inspected it, if it was dry they let me through.  Once they found water & made me sponge it up & I was on my way.  The only other time I had to go through decon was when I bought the Bu up from AZ.  Same with Horse, I've always gotten on from Chatfield to horse, but the guy did tell me it depends on what color paper they give you on the way out.  This year they've been blue so I may have issues at Horse, which suck, its already a long time to get on if you don't get there early

Both the inspectors at Chatfield as well as the CPW HQ told me about mandatory decon for any DD, Vdrive, or sterndrive that isn't tagged, or has been in infected waters.  New policy this year.

I looked into the filter system, but I can handle a few of those frustrating experiences for the $3000 I was quoted.