Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What are you and your boat doing for Memorial Day weekend?

bamabonners

My parents are camping in their RV down on Lake Guntersville for the week after Memorial Day (arriving on Sunday...trying to avoid the crowds this year).  We'll be visiting each day after work... sort of a mini vacation each afternoon.

Edited by bamabonners
fixing title
  • Like 1

I hate holidays. In my line of work, summer holiday weekends are "all hands on deck" so I will be stuck behind a desk. Now that I'm older and have kids, I prefer the quiet weekdays anyways. 

• Like 3

My boat will be in storage.  I'm going to Panama and hangin with  an old friend in his yacht.  I think we are going to fish a tournament as well.  I'm pretty excited to have the opportunity to catch 200 pound tuna!!!

ahopkins22LSV

No official plans yet. But boat will be in use that's for sure! Might head north but will probably stay home.

The local bar on our lake always does a pancake breakfast Monday morning with a Bloody Mary bar. It's a fundraiser for the lake association and the majority of the proceeds go to the 4th of July fireworks. It's a blast so I do want to be home for that if possible. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, bamabonners said:

My parents are camping in their RV down on Lake Guntersville for the week after Memorial Day (arriving on Sunday...trying to avoid the crowds this year).  We'll be visiting each day after work... sort of a mini vacation each afternoon.

We'll be down river from you, somewhere between Decatur and Huntsville, as always.

Planning on getting up and on water before everyone else on Lake Norman on Monday. Gonna have my Brother and nephews on the boat for first time. Hopefully I get them up on surf or wakeboard, and don't have to resort to tubing.

Will be living at the lake house with Malibu in the water waiting for the rest of the family and guest to arrive for the weekend.  Hopefully our 57 degree lake warms up more by then.  My wife and older daughter get a 5 day weekend this year due to lack of used snow days this past school year.  Wifey will also be joining me in retirement this year.

Skiing the Saturday, hopefully on smaller lake, no one else show up. :) Taking son to airport on Sunday for him to go to San Antonio, Sea World where he will be skiing for the summer.

1 hour ago, racer808 said:

We're gonna brave the crowds and spend it at lake Mac in Nebraska.  Hopefully it's alright, never been there

We have had some great trips to Big Mac, as well as some terrible ones.  This early in the year is really a crap shoot with the weather.  Where are you staying?

For us, this year is a toss up.  We will either be spending the weekend with the Malibu on the houseboat at Lake Powell, or taking the fishing boat to Blue Mesa near Gunnison.  Unless the weather looks perfect, it will likely be a fishing boat weekend.

Boat will be sitting on the lift quietly sobbing to itself as the other boats go by taunting.  

We will be in Wisconsin for a wedding and then rounding out the rest of the weekend with a family reunion.  

Probably serving as the D.D. for my buddy's cruiser out on Lake Norman on Saturday.  Wife n kids are out of town so other than the aforementioned "window of social responsibility" on Saturday who knows what sort of trouble I may get in.  

Chickamauga lake is frickin packed on holiday weekends, so I probably will have to break out the tube and hope some drunk a** doesn't run us over!

Be safe, people!

2 hours ago, DAI said:

Boat will likely be in the driveway with the cover on as I will still be in recovery mode.  A short WI season cut even shorter 

Like this

Lost 2/3 of 2015 to butterfly fracture femur 1st hour of 4th July vacation, best month+ of my life 3/26-5/5/2016 surf and skate no hop.  Next year wakeboard here I come!

2 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Lost 2/3 of 2015 to butterfly fracture femur 1st hour of 4th July vacation, best month+ of my life 3/26-5/5/2016 surf and skate no hop.  Next year wakeboard here I come!

That sucks.

I had a colon resection (10 inches of my large intestine removed) last week.  I have had symptoms, including hospitalization, since last July.  I'm kicking myself for not having it done in Jan with my second outbreak.

11 minutes ago, Eagle River Mike said:

We will be up on the Eagle River chain. Probably wont be skiing but will do plenty of relaxing.

That's such a great area.  I'm hoping to be good to go to hit the family lake house over the 4th of July up in the Minocqua area.

35 minutes ago, blk93jeepzj said:

Boat will be sitting on the lift quietly sobbing to itself as the other boats go by taunting.  

We will be in Wisconsin for a wedding and then rounding out the rest of the weekend with a family reunion.  

I hope our hospitality helps mitigate some of your pain.

Cheers to you and your fellow Wisconsin-bound travelers! :cheers:

• Like 1
Just now, RedOwl said:

I hope our hospitality helps mitigate some of your pain.

Cheers to you and your fellow Wisconsin-bound travelers! :cheers:

I'll be fine, just worried about how the boat will handle the separation.  lol.

Thanks.  Wedding is in Fond du Lac Saturday.  Family reunion will be in Cedarburg.  Cousins have a few kegs of home brews ready for when we get up there.  Should be a great weekend.  

I'm arranging for great weather in the 80's to make up for all the sucky weather we're having now.  Weekend of the 21st will be spent getting the pontoon and swim raft in.  When said weather materializes on the 27th we'll be at the cabin with family using all the toys :yahoo: