Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this site dying or is it just that time of the year?

bamabonners

1 minute ago, Stevo said:

doc%20phil_zpsh6d0cjhm.jpg

LOL 

LOL, we call them La Cucarachas here... they appear from nowhere and once 1 comes out... then there are many;)

• Like 2

I'll play . . . A slightly older one from my photobucket.  My 3-year old at the time said he was going to 'pull dad's boat to the lake'.  Unfortunately I told him that his 3 wheeler needed a weight distributing hitch to pull it safely.  He said not to worry, it's an F150 (kidding on that last part).

image_zpsdxwhmplw.jpg

22 hours ago, braindamage said:

Completely totally insanely jealous...

site is great. I am on a jeep forum, a water ski forum, and many other inboard forums. While the silliness is certainly missed,, this is still the best forum out there!!

dont really like the new format but ill get used to it?

What jeep forum you on? What kind of jeep you got?

11 hours ago, CBray4 said:

What jeep forum you on? What kind of jeep you got?

I have a 1978 cj5. I don't want to bash the forum, it's really good, it just isn't the same kind of "community". I got TONS of help and info from there though.

C23CB595-EDCB-4D88-A48E-03FE8C9DA4D7_zps

photo just to try out photobucket. It took me a couple of tries because I'm not that bright and didn't wait to choose "img" as my copy option.

Edited by braindamage
  • Like 2

Mobile site design is terrible.

No Tapatalk.

Constant site changes.  Aren't we due for a new one already?

Lots of "regional" slant and playground behavior associated with it allowed and regionally promoted. Folks don't care to share, post, read or comment when Mods let folks get shouted down. Yet all of a sudden Mods are quick to flex the pimp hand on others.

Stop letting folks change their names like outfits. It was ridiculous there for a while flocks of guys "reinventing" and "reidentifying" themselves.... Really just as a way to get a fresh start with ridiculous behavior.

Some of the Mod personalities have turned folks off.

Uneven application of TOUs....And I've never even had as much as a warning-  that's not a TOU violation to talk about the absence of a punishment is it?

Should we start a monthly picture thread?  I see them on some other sites and I really enjoy looking at all the pics of other lakes, boats, wives, etc...  LOL

• Like 3
11 hours ago, IXFE said:

I seriously don't understand the complaint about posting photos. At least once a week somebody is complaining about not knowing how to post a photo. It's not complicated people. Sometimes I wonder if it's the first day on the Internet for some of these folks. 

I mean, how hard is it to download the free Photobucket ap and open a free account? Once you have that ap it takes like two clicks to upload a photo from your phone (which is where they all are). From there just paste the code into the forum and the pic magically appears. Seriously, I am a paying member and I have NEVER used the upload tool. Photobucket is too easy and once you have that free account, you now have a virtual database of pics you can post on ANY forum. My Photobucket account is almost 10 years old and has well over 1000 photos now.  You can even set up your photobucket account to automatically upload all your pics (I don't do this).

Boom, this pic took me 2 seconds to paste here!

A979B47A-7FB7-4E74-8E31-95D03D840117_zps

I'm only ranting on this because once again guys are bringing this up as it relates to the new software, as if it's somehow worse. It's not guys. Photobucket links still work... matter of fact it's better now because in the old software you wouldn't see your link turn into a pic until you posted. With the new software the link turns to a pic immediately after you paste it in. 

I'm also bringing this up because I believe posting pics and videos is vital to forum health. Think of the best threads that last the longest... they always have pics and vids (the best thread we have isn't even about boats but it's got hundreds of pages of pics).  Threads without pics die a quick death. People are visual and they like to see stuff more than they like to read stuff. Same goes for CL ads. Whenever I see an ad without pics I think to myself, "I guess that guy doesn't want to sell his widget."

Like the thread linked below... I knew it was DOA the minute I read the OP. 

More pictures, people! More video!  If you're doing a project, take pics and videos and share it. I love following project threads, even about random stuff like garage builds!  Even if you're installing yet another Exile system in a stereo delete boat... share your pics. Just don't do it in the Stereo forum or you'll get flamed ?

Dave I have disagree with you here.    It is not that uploading my pic to photo bucket and the. Pasting the link is difficult.   It is simple.  But those are 2 steps I should not have to take.  I should be able to add any pic by simply uploading to this site. 

Yeah I'm new to this site but posting pics with photobucket sucks!  I mean it really is stupid that u can't just upload a photo from a device.  I can't even get an avatar photo because the file size has to be smaller than everything I've tried. However I'm not that bright on the intraweb and my commodore 64 skills seem to be useless.

8 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Although... WW seems to self police the "hooligans" quite well.  And when he-who-shall-not-be-named tried to start a stupid troll thread over there a couple of weeks ago it went over like a lead balloon.  Shoot, politics can even be discussed on WW without the world ending.

I guess the tradeoff is that wakeworld is probably not very "new guy" friendly.

The person who shall not be named strongly disapproves of this post.   

7 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

The person who shall not be named strongly disapproves of this post.   

He's also disgrunteld about being called s hobbit.   The correct term is little person. 

• Like 2

^this is the type of personality we have been missing.  

Great post new guy.  Well done.  

9 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

I don't know what all the fuss is.  I find this site to be informative and educational.  

Except for the guy eating an apple in his avatar.  That guy who belongs in prison seems like he's gonna cry.  Someone give him a hanky.  Or a tube sock and a master lock.

And Frodo Baggins just plowed through a school of manatees for 3 inches of air.  Who is that wanker?

Ibelong has just been depressed lately because he just learned Paul Walker didn't make it.    Cut him some slack.   

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Chia said:

its not the inability to add photos, it is not even the crappy software....and i especially hate that i can't find a topic i have read until someone else posts in it...probably just that i am not techy enough to figure it out.

Just click on your own name anywhere on the site. All your posts are at the bottom of your profile. 

Oh but I shouldn't have to click on my profile. :Doh: I can't believe all the people who can't figure out the photo hosting.  It's to your advantage.  Your pics are stored long term. And you can post them anywhere. Forums, emails, Facebook,  whatever. Plus the pics are better!

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
ahopkins22LSV

Lol @nyryan2001. I've been on the site for almost three years now, I know young compared to most, but there has been one site change with a few minor tweaks. Hell cars change that often in design!

I don't really understand what the gripe is about the mobile site. I feel it functions quite well. I guess everyone has their own opinion though.

And the name change thing was stopped about a year ago if I remember correctly. 

ahopkins22LSV
38 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Naw, he's been posting from abroad. I'm sure he'd appreciate about 100 texts a day to increase the bill! 

Waiting in line at the Dublin airport... Have phone in airplane mode so I won't be getting texts until the US :)

6 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Naw, he's been posting from abroad. I'm sure he'd appreciate about 100 texts a day to increase the bill! 

Yeah......we'll have to load him up.  He's been off the most recent threads.

8 hours ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

Just click on your own name anywhere on the site. All your posts are at the bottom of your profile. 

Oh but I shouldn't have to click on my profile. :Doh: I can't believe all the people who can't figure out the photo hosting.  It's to your advantage.  Your pics are stored long term. And you can post them anywhere. Forums, emails, Facebook,  whatever. Plus the pics are better!

Bill, I think you are missing the point.  if I need long term storage I will go get it.  When I am up loading pictures I want to save long term they are pictures that are out of site out of mind.   I think  the links w photo bucket should still be an option.   

But If I just want to up load a picture i have on my phone or computer I should not have to up load to photo bucket then click a link.  Then paste the link.  I should be able to post any picture from my phone regardless the file size straight to this site in one step.  Most the time I don't post pictures because I don't feel like doing that.  And it apparent a lot of users feel the same way. 

53 minutes ago, inlandlaker said:

Yeah......we'll have to load him up.  He's been off the most recent threads.

I have a friend we call Flip phone Phil. Up to about a year ago, he used to pay by the text received or sent. During the guys nights, after a couple of pops, somebody would start a meaningless group text just to ring up his bill and drive him crazy.   "reading this just cost you another 25 cents" would be the common theme. Ah, good times. 

19 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

Bill, I think you are missing the point.  if I need long term storage I will go get it.  When I am up loading pictures I want to save long term they are pictures that are out of site out of mind.   I think  the links w photo bucket should still be an option.   

But If I just want to up load a picture i have on my phone or computer I should not have to up load to photo bucket then click a link.  Then paste the link.  I should be able to post any picture from my phone regardless the file size straight to this site in one step.  Most the time I don't post pictures because I don't feel like doing that.  And it apparent a lot of users feel the same way. 

I totally agree with this. In almost 10 years on this site, I'd bet that I've posted less than 25 photos because it was always a pain. 

I just signed up for photobucket last week and loaded the app to my phone this morning.  I'll give it a shot, but wish I didn't have to do it. I also tried an image resizing app too, but found that to be the same hassle. It be great if the forum did the resizing automatically.