Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this site dying or is it just that time of the year?

bamabonners

I personally don't like the new format.  IMHO, I think it has a lot to do with the fewer posts. I know a lot of work went into these changes, but again, IMHO, it is a lot less user friendly and no disrespect meant to any of the hardworking folks that put time and effort into it. I am definitely not an IT person, so my opinion may not mean much, if anything.

martinarcher
28 minutes ago, SmoothWaterMan said:

3 ski boats

Response

Response LXR

Response TXi

And yes, new format blows. 

Side note, @martinarcher I need to get in touch with you. 

Sure thing - drop me a PM.  The system tells me you can't receive one, mailbox must be full.

Your opinion means a lot as does everyone's option. We are listening but weighing our options. We can't have knee jerk reactions to issues and need to diagnose the real issues.

How's that for a vague answer? :lol:

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Your opinion means a lot as does everyone's option. We are listening but weighing our options. We can't have knee jerk reactions to issues and need to diagnose the real issues.

How's that for a vague answer? :lol:

As clear as a cow's eye on the 4th of July

:crazy:

Just now, Socalbu said:

Maybe we need a safe zone to protect us from the micro aggressions :whistle:

safe zones make me feel excluded and discriminated against.

All of this aggression and discrimination is making me feel depressed and stressed.  I think we should start a support group for members affected by everybody else's feelings and words. 

I liked tapatalk, as I access forums from my phone 99% of the time. The new Mobil skin sucks in my opinion. As an example, when I click on the new newspaper icon that is supposed to show recent activity, all I get is a bunch of crap I don't want to see. Like who is following this, who liked a post, etc. Here is a pic of an example of what I see. Screenshot_2016-05-12-20-06-23_zpsmercqs

I came here after I bought my first malibu, I stayed for all the fun and entertainment as I got to know people on here. It hasn't been the same recently as many have mentioned in more eloquent words than I. 

I had stopped posting because I had purchased a MC.  Between the MC koolaid and the standard issue flat bill cap, I just couldn't get around to posting on TMC.  I have since sold the MC, put down the koolaid, burned the flat bill, and bought an Axis, which I absolutely love.  

I guess for me, the price of the boats have kindof killed it for me.  I love the folks here and the site (even though I only posted 8 times, i was still a paying member), but I am just not interested in Malibu anymore because of the price (same with MC, Nautique, Tige, etc...).  I used to flip boats each year, but I just can't do that anymore.  So, my enthusiasm with the market has dropped along with my post counts.  I haven't had any problems with my Axis so I haven't posted much.  I like my dealer, so no gripes there.  

• Like 3

I will say the site is way faster now than in the beginning of the year.... It was painfully slow at times.

I think with a forum this old, most topics have been discussed enough that a search gives way more results than a post ever would.

30 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

I liked tapatalk, as I access forums from my phone 99% of the time. The new Mobil skin sucks in my opinion. As an example, when I click on the new newspaper icon that is supposed to show recent activity, all I get is a bunch of crap I don't want to see. Like who is following this, who liked a post, etc. Here is a pic of an example of what I see. Screenshot_2016-05-12-20-06-23_zpsmercqs

I came here after I bought my first malibu, I stayed for all the fun and entertainment as I got to know people on here. It hasn't been the same recently as many have mentioned in more eloquent words than I. 

That's different from my return when clicking on the newspaper. I don'tt get any likes etc. just latest posts. Maybe something to look into with your settings. I don't know if it's your browser, might be that too. This is not my expertise.

image.png

41 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

That's different from my return when clicking on the newspaper. I don'tt get any likes etc. just latest posts. Maybe something to look into with your settings. I don't know if it's your browser, might be that too. This is not my expertise.

image.png

Thanks for helping. I shouldn't have to be a computer nerd just to get my recent activity stream from looking like crap is my point.

Edited by Pnwrider

I'll chime in too, the new format does help with a few pieces of functionality but the main landing page just isn't functional; It's looks like a '90s web store. I've defaulted to using the "Activity" -> "All Activity" page as my default landing page. I'm sure I'm missing some content because of that, but I can keep up on the recent posts and conversations better than the new landing/home page.

I don't have any statistics to quote, and I'm too lazy to go look them up on google right now, but I believe that the current implementation requires too much time to be spent on the main landing page to figure out where you need/want to go, it shows non-relevant content (store) constantly, and the recent discussions/posts section is way too short to be attention grabbing. The home page has lost it's focus, most of us aren't here to buy a shirt, sweatshirt, or sticker, but we're here for the conversation and the assistance of other owners.

I'm here for the conversation about Malibu boats, tips, tricks, and sharing advice; I stick around for the silly banter and antics just like watching "those guys" when I go out. Just like any large gathering, there are going to be smaller groups of like-minded people who congregate together (and the goofballs who are trying to spike the punch). 

I don't know what "fixes" the site, or if needs fixing, but I wanted to provide my feedback since I know the mods are paying attention. The site appears to be going through an evolution, it isn't the first time, and it won't be the last. Hopefully we're able to keep some of the seasoned veterans who have helped others over the years stay interested and involved.

• Like 2

New format seems fine to me.  But, I have noticed an activity fall off in all the forum I participate in, even ones with political sections (in an election year).

I don't mind the new format. I use the little newspaper button & see all the new stuff, or I see the posts where I'm liked, quoted or called out. Seems to work fine on my PC, tablet or phone.

I went to work at the marina recently. Kind of a step down, but they are the Malibu dealer. Plus Cobalts, Harris pontoons & Carver yachts. Kinda fun, and busy as hell. Fun to drive the new boats. And the big ones. And the corporate HQ has a big IT dept I'm hoping to get an interview with sometime soon. Hoping to bring my own boat down sometime soon.....which I think still compares really well, even though its 11 yrs old.

Seems like a lot of whining goin on. About not being able to post pics. Want to post? Pay for it. I did. And I still would rather use Photobucket. About the site update..... Seems like it works fine to me.

Want more activity? Contribute. Anything. Got a joke? New picture? Crazy idea for a mod? Lets hear it.

I still want to get myself a Sunbrella helm cover made. To protect my new steering wheel & dash electronics.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
15 hours ago, malibu2004 said:

The site speed is fine for me, redesign is fine for me. Keep up the good work. 

People that the complain about the redesign need something to complain about. You ask 50 people what they would do different and you would get 50 different opinions.  

I'm absolutely not complaining.  I understand the amount of work that goes into keeping a place like this going. 

It is not complaint and I'm not actively trying to avoid the site but since the redesign my habits have changed.  It used to be 90% on this site and 10% on the axis forum(via Tapatalk). Now it's flip flopped and I'm not sure if its related but the Axis forum traffic has picked up considerably. 

ahopkins22LSV

Looks like people's settings for the newspaper icon are differing. Maybe just aligning them will solve some people complaints. My screen looks just like @Ronnie does mobile and desktop. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
7 hours ago, bamabonners said:

I had stopped posting because I had purchased a MC.  Between the MC koolaid and the standard issue flat bill cap, I just couldn't get around to posting on TMC.  I have since sold the MC, put down the koolaid, burned the flat bill, and bought an Axis, which I absolutely love.  

I guess for me, the price of the boats have kindof killed it for me.  I love the folks here and the site (even though I only posted 8 times, i was still a paying member), but I am just not interested in Malibu anymore because of the price (same with MC, Nautique, Tige, etc...).  I used to flip boats each year, but I just can't do that anymore.  So, my enthusiasm with the market has dropped along with my post counts.  I haven't had any problems with my Axis so I haven't posted much.  I like my dealer, so no gripes there.  

I agree with this!  Although I am looking for my first boat as being "my own" rather than using a family friends boat on occasion, the price of the boats in not only the new market, but even the majority of the used market are a very high barrier to entry for me.  With being fresh out of college, it is going to be a few years until it is a responsible decision of getting a boat for me.

Having said that, I really do enjoy seeing other people enjoy their current toys and also the excitement of getting their 2016's or New to Them boats.  It is great being able to learn about the tips and tricks now and then being educated when my time comes for my first boat.  I really appreciate the big dawgs on here like @IXFE and @Afun sharing their wealth of knowledge and experience with their boats to those of us still waiting for our chance to get a Bu' of our own.  

Fooey.  Nobody needs a new boat.  There are plenty of late 90's and early 00's out there waiting for love and mods.

Malibu ski boats - I skied a 2016 TXi last night with the show team.  Gorgeous boat.  But in the end, not $60k more gorgeous than my Echelon, let alone all of the Lxi's in between those two models.

I think there is ebb and flow to the site, just like everything else.  IMHO, FWIW.

• Like 3