Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this site dying or is it just that time of the year?

bamabonners

5 hours ago, Ndawg12 said:

hmmm...I'm going shopping for a Lexus later today, I'll be sure to post pics in the recent purchase thread :biggrin:

for your wife, right?  I'm sure she'll love it. All the ladies seem to like Lexus. ?

On May 13, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Cory said:

I really miss seeing who is lurking on a given page in real-time at the bottom.  Can't that feature be reinstated?  

I've already looked into that, & unfortunately the short answer is no.

On May 13, 2016 at 5:30 AM, braindamage said:

The other point of feedback is that I can't really follow the threads without officially "following" the threads, so I have resorted to using the Unread Content button to the right of the search icon.  I am not sure what I miss when I do this, but it seems to be working for me.

Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand what you mean by "can't follow without officially following".

On May 13, 2016 at 0:06 PM, IXFE said:

Finally, I'm curious if you guys have data that shows activity has fallen off.  Like, can you compare logins, clicks, new threads, posts, etc. from April 2016 vs. April 2015?  That would remove all seasonality.  Might be interesting data.  

Good thoughts, thanks D. Actually activity has not fallen off at all. Posting has a bit, but bandwidth used by actual registered users (as opposed to bots) is right where I would expect. Translation: people are reading & watching, but they're not posting as much. I personally think that it's not any one thing, but a variety of many different things converging. We'll get through it. The effects of the great recession were far worse than what we're seeing right now.

On May 13, 2016 at 0:16 PM, ID AX said:

Can we have a twisted sarcastic site and family friendly site?  You choose which you want when logging in

Sure, you're more than welcome to go start (& manage) one.

On May 13, 2016 at 1:29 PM, SmoothWaterMan said:

Quick note, I've seen a number of "updates" in the last 12 months to a number forums that in my opinion were downgrades, and contributed to less activity.  One forum so much so that it prompted the admin to start a thread about this same topic.  I think blog/forum/software creators don't actually use them as "consumers" do.

I agree, they need a lesson (or 2 or 3 or more) on Usability. But, we're at their mercy. And worse, as time goes on it becomes more & more difficult to migrate to a different platform. I considered moving us to something else, but the payoff just wasn't there vs the potential downside.

On May 14, 2016 at 6:28 AM, Badger said:

I just signed up for photobucket last week and loaded the app to my phone this morning.  I'll give it a shot, but wish I didn't have to do it. I also tried an image resizing app too, but found that to be the same hassle. It be great if the forum did the resizing automatically. 

That would be awesome, wouldn't it?

I look into the photo issue every once in a while to see if there is a solution, & I rarely find anything. But, I haven't done it in a while so I will look into it once more.

13 hours ago, FarmerB said:

I truly hope things will pick up again.  I have been a paying member for 3 years because I appreciate the wealth of information to be found here.  I also appreciate the more fun posts as they help break up the day.  If there was one observation I had, it would be that as a  "low post count" individual, I feel I don't have much to contribute and don't want to get the "what do you know, you have only 30, 50, 100 posts."   It is time for us (me) content consumers to step up and contribute more to this great community regardless of irrational junior high fears.   Thanks to all the regular contributors.  You have made my family's entry into the wake sports world a very enjoyable experience.

I think you should jump in & participate. The community is complaining about a lack of activity. This is one reason for it & they sure as heck should NOT run you off over a Stoopid pecking order.

8 hours ago, WakeGirl said:

Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand what you mean by "can't follow without officially following".

Hi WakeGirl,

The previous version had the home screen where it was pretty easy for me to keep track of threads even if I didn't click the "Follow This" button.  I think it's due to the fact that the home page "recent posts" only goes for one page and you can't continue for 4-5 pages as before.  I also liked this view because it consolidated all the posts into a single access.  Now I use the "unread" view, which forces me to look at each post response individually.  I hope that makes sense.

5 hours ago, braindamage said:

Hi WakeGirl,

The previous version had the home screen where it was pretty easy for me to keep track of threads even if I didn't click the "Follow This" button.  I think it's due to the fact that the home page "recent posts" only goes for one page and you can't continue for 4-5 pages as before.  I also liked this view because it consolidated all the posts into a single access.  Now I use the "unread" view, which forces me to look at each post response individually.  I hope that makes sense.

I think that I understand, although I'd probably have to spend some time with it to pick up the nuances behind your frustration. Have you tried creating your own activity feed? Many members seem to have good success with that. I'm happy to work with you via pm to try to find a better solution.

2 hours ago, KeepingupwiththeJones said:

I would just like to thank the mods for reading all our comments and getting a feel for why we think the posting is down.

+1  Even with the complaints this site IMHO is still one of the better run sites. I don't use a lot of forums but this is one of the two I visit the most. The Mod's have let some boarder line posts go for long periods of time when we can bite our tongs a little. I think that is why I liked some of the posting areas not allowed any longer. I look at this site as having more educated somewhat down to earth followers. The one thing I will say, some of the posters I have disagreed with the most still have very valid and good input. Some have opened my eyes and made me do some thinking! But then I might not be correct every time. :whistle: I would love to have some water time with many on this site. I wish travailing did not consume so much time. Would so much enjoy making many WOW events even the Vagus get together.   Still miss my free Doc. input. I was out of internet reach when whatever went down. Must have been nasty!  To bad!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sixball said:

+1  Even with the complaints this site IMHO is still one of the better run sites. I don't use a lot of forums but this is one of the two I visit the most. The Mod's have let some boarder line posts go for long periods of time when we can bite our tongs a little. I think that is why I liked some of the posting areas not allowed any longer. I look at this site as having more educated somewhat down to earth followers. The one thing I will say, some of the posters I have disagreed with the most still have very valid and good input. Some have opened my eyes and made me do some thinking! But then I might not be correct every time. :whistle: I would love to have some water time with many on this site. I wish travailing did not consume so much time. Would so much enjoy making many WOW events even the Vagus get together.   Still miss my free Doc. input. I was out of internet reach when whatever went down. Must have been nasty!  To bad!

Agree 110%. I frequent a Nissan and a Chevy forum along with this one - by far TMC is my favorite. Really enjoy the members; would love to have a huge party some day with all of you to see you in person - maybe when I win the lotto I will finance the whole thing! Your comment about "more educated" is right on the money.  Posts and spelling are usually grammatically correct and nice to not see the f bomb dropped on a regular basis. Great to know there are still lots of nice folks looking out to give a hand to their fellow human kind.

• Like 3

Oh my the myth imerges ...... 

38 minutes ago, Afun said:

It's funny to me that you are the one that created this topic when you would chomp at the bit to say something when we will overpost or get silly with a specific topic. 

You guys asked for limited banter and you got it. Now it's strictly business and it sucks Norrismikes Donkey Videos. 

I did not realize NorrisMike performed in Tijuana 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

I recently put up a thread that I thought would be of interest to a lot of readers, but it was off the main page within about an hour.  New threads used to stay visible much longer.

My Sperrys thread shot off to the Lost Civilizations zone...I enjoyed introducing it to new members...well not me but others

1 hour ago, Rednucleus said:

Agree 110%. I frequent a Nissan and a Chevy forum along with this one - by far TMC is my favorite. Really enjoy the members; would love to have a huge party some day with all of you to see you in person - maybe when I win the lotto I will finance the whole thing! Your comment about "more educated" is right on the money.  Posts and spelling are usually grammatically correct and nice to not see the f bomb dropped on a regular basis. Great to know there are still lots of nice folks looking out to give a hand to their fellow human kind.

Sometimes the spelling and grammar is so horrific on other boat forums that I skip over the entire thread. I make mistakes too and I'm not an English major but have a little pride in your post. 

46 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

Did you keep the Ninja or is it still for sale.... @ibelonginprison and @bamaboy need new rigs

Did you keep the Ninja or is it still for sale.... @ibelonginprison and @bamaboy need new rigs

Yes it's for sale. Please make those two aware. It's in perfect shape. Just launched for the first time this season two weeks ago. Running top notch.

20 minutes ago, Afun said:

Yes it's for sale. Please make those two aware. It's in perfect shape. Just launched for the first time this season two weeks ago. Running top notch.

The Ninja is for sale?  Are you getting a bigger Ninja?

43 minutes ago, TNWILSON said:

I know its been a while for me as well! In the spirit of posting pictures...here is a little something I saw the other day sure to brighten the moodURL]URL]59D0EB16-3092-4321-AB75-8D29BFFD82DA_zps27D77C01-18DA-4273-8A8C-599D85B5B604_zps

so much awesome!

I bought a new house in a nice place. I'm currently carrying more than 1 mortgage plus a rental I have in Florida. Need to free up some cash. So please buy the Ninja.

here is a tour of my new bike trail....no music because of copyright issues...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TNWILSON said:

I know its been a while for me as well! In the spirit of posting pictures...here is a little something I saw the other day sure to brighten the moodURL]URL]59D0EB16-3092-4321-AB75-8D29BFFD82DA_zps

Harley trailer plates must make things legal in your state.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

so much awesome!

@shawndoggy  My thoughts exactly! If I hadn't taken the pic myself I would have bet money it was a joke/photo shop picture.