Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lunmar boat lift bunk boards

Ndlong

I have a 2008 Malibu LSV23. I am installing a new boat lift. Any suggestions on bunk boards? I have heard to use 2/2x10's so the boards won't split. What angle should the boards be at? Anybody have any experience with this they'd like to share? Any help is greatly appreciated 

My lift uses single 2x6" boards, mounted "flat".   The boards contour quite a bit to the hull when the boat is lifted.  They are also on brackets that pivot slightly to angle them.   I've also seen photos of many 2x10 setups with the boards mounted on "edge".   You get varying opinions on which is better - the "edge" method is stronger, but doesn't flex at all to contour to the hull.   Through it all, I've never seen a single post of a bunk board failing or causing damage to a hull.  Many people debate and worry that can happen, but in my experience, I've never ran across damage from either method.   

All photos on Lunar's site seem to show single boards.  Can you call and ask their advice?    I think we all overthink the lifts/bunks too much, like most things with our boats.  lol