Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

apperance help

i was washing my boat today and noticed that the white part of my boat that is in the water, is turning yellow.. is there something to get rid of this??

i was washing my boat today and noticed that the white part of my boat that is in the water, is turning yellow.. is there something to get rid of this??

Different water?

(how come you people don't disclose where ya from?.. like we're gunna stalk you or something Dontknow.gif might be helpful in diagnosing your issue)

Different water?

(how come you people don't disclose where ya from?.. like we're gunna stalk you or something Dontknow.gif might be helpful in diagnosing your issue)

Shocking.gif

You gotta use Tony's magic formula. 50% hydrogen peroxide & 50% Lysol Toilet bowl cleaner (The blue kind). I've used this many many times and it works like magic on brown water stains. It does not put off a noxious gas when mixed either. It is safe.

You gotta use Tony's magic formula. 50% hydrogen peroxide & 50% Lysol Toilet bowl cleaner (The blue kind). I've used this many many times and it works like magic on brown water stains. It does not put off a noxious gas when mixed either. It is safe.

I second George's recommendation of Tony's magic formula. Beware, last year I accidently kicked the bucket over and put a stain on my driveway.

Alibuma used to have this problem. His solution was pullin' it out of the water and then hitting it with toilet bowl cleaner. No BS.

i do wash it with soap and water. i have tried a claybar but no worky...its only in the water maybe 8hrs a week. and 3-4 week long trips to lake san antonio. during the summer

i do wash it with soap and water. i have tried a claybar but no worky...its only in the water maybe 8hrs a week. and 3-4 week long trips to lake san antonio. during the summer

I've used a cleaner called "On/Off" before, you can get it at any marine store. Just mist it on and the yellow will disappear. Careful though, it is very strong acid and will burn your lungs if you inhale it, don't get it on your skin either.

Never used it on the 'Bu, but it never hurt any of my previous boats.

all i have to say is, WOW Surprised.gif that works great Clap.gif i found this other stuff from the boat store and it worked ok. then i tried tony's. Tony's cleaner is the best and cost only $3.00...

thank you guys for the help, you just made my life that much easier

Paul