Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Compare these 2 boards for me please

theGrant

I currently have a Byerly Monarch board. It is a 2014 model year. I am curious how a 2010 Ronix 1 would stack up against it? Any input would be great!

Unfortunately I can't compare em.......... I don't know anything about the Byerly.

But:  The Ronix One "Skimmer" (i have no idea why they call it a skimmer) is a great board tho.  It's a true hybrid.......which is hard to find.  Super versatile.    It's fun to take big turns on.....really easy to spin....easy to ride fakie.......airs well....... It can be ridden straight down the line (with foot pressure/weight shifting) which is good for beginners OR it can be pump-driven when you get into that.   It's got that nice smooth surf feel, without being over buoyant (which makes it easy on beginners learning to ride properly).   The only thing I'd say about the ONE is; don't get it too small or it will limit your ability to generate speed.   IMO, the 4'-10" is maxed out at 200#

Hope this info helps you solve one part of your puzzle.......

I think he's asking about wakeboards...

I used to ride a 2010 Ronix One.  I now have the 2012 Ronix One (updated shape).  I like the One because it's light like most pro models, but it's more "locked in" than most... not too squirrely at all. 

I have no experience with the Byerly.

Edit: I also have the Ronix skimmer that -BS- is referring to above, and I concur with his review... great board. 

Edited by IXFE
On 5/11/2016 at 0:50 AM, IXFE said:

I think he's asking about wakeboards...

I used to ride a 2010 Ronix One.  I now have the 2012 Ronix One (updated shape).  I like the One because it's light like most pro models, but it's more "locked in" than most... not too squirrely at all. 

I have no experience with the Byerly.

Edit: I also have the Ronix skimmer that -BS- is referring to above, and I concur with his review... great board. 

So how would this 2010 Ronix one board compare to a new 2014 Hyperlite Bio Marek?

Just now, theGrant said:

So how would this 2010 Ronix one board compare to a new 2014 Hyperlite Bio Marek?

Sorry, I'm not sure.  The Ronix One (2010 and 2012) is the only board I've ridden for past 5 years.  

I'm currently riding a '14 Marek bio and came off a 2011 ronix Ibex (I know diff board but still a 3 stage ronix). Even being a continuous board, the marek kills the ibex in pop and board control.  I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Ronix but I wanted to switch to continuous rocker and like I said, no loss of wake to wake pop.  Also an easier more consistent pop on toeside jumps

Sorry no experience with the Monarch.

Edited by t a
Add stuff

Thanks for the info guys. I picked up a new 2015 Ronix One ATR Carbon with Ronix One Bindings (Anodized Cherries). Can't wait to try it out! It is a huge upgrade from my previous board!