Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sub box volume?

NCSurfing

Finally had some time today to get under the dash and build a template for my sub box. Final dimensions are in the below image. Can someone confirm the volume of this for me?  I'm coming up with 2.1 cu ft using outside dimensions however, I was never any good with math 

image.jpeg

Edited by NCSurfing
5 hours ago, McMiller said:

I am calculating 1.36 cu ft with 3/4inch walls.  1.9 cu ft for the volume including wall thickness.

Thanks my friend - looks like I was close. However, it is the inside dimension that is important (thx for this calculation) so for a WS xxx12, this would be adequate for a sealed enclosure as it calls for 1.2 as opposed to ported wuich calls for 1.8 - that sound accurate?  If so, am ok to be slightly larger or should I shrink to 1.2?

I am no expert but I think I read somewhere up to a 10% increase in a sealed box didn't change the sound that much, maybe to attuned ear, you can always add an extra support or corner braces inside to slightly reduce the volume.