Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bunk Spacing on Boat Lift

YooperZ

I have a 2015 22 VLX and just assembled a Shorestation for it.  I was wondering if anyone knew the appropriate spacing to put the bunks?  I know you base on the trailer usually but my trailer has two sets of under supports....should I go with the inside or outside set or something in between?  Thanks for any advice.

See how much clearance the rear trailer bunks provide with respect to through-hull fittings (speedometer paddle wheel, raw-water intake).  Then, pay attention to the chine width.  IIRC, I was advised to adjust so as to avoid the bunk pads supporting the boat on the chines, or crossing the chines.

I don't know about Shorestation, but on my lift, its possible to angle the bunks so they are wider in the rear and narrower towards the front.

Go the same spacing as the stringers in your boat. you should be clear of any through hull gear at that spacing also. It keep the weight of the boat at the strongest part of the hull. I will guess something like 22"

Thanks for the advice.  Sounds like the inner narrower bunk width is best.  I can have it narrower in the front and wider in the back.

I just set mine up last weekend.  We set them at 33" on center.  The dealer provided a sheet indicating the perfect spacing for every boat, which was very nice to have.  Verified the spacing indicated on the sheet to the trailer and it seemed to be perfect at 33" which is the narrow bunk width.

Just now, Skin2Win said:

I just set mine up last weekend.  We set them at 33" on center.  The dealer provided a sheet indicating the perfect spacing for every boat, which was very nice to have.  Verified the spacing indicated on the sheet to the trailer and it seemed to be perfect at 33" which is the narrow bunk width.

As many lift bunk questions that are asked on here......POST THAT LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Would be very handy.....Mods might even post it in the resources section.

• Like 3
On 5/9/2016 at 11:48 AM, Skin2Win said:

That's how Hurricane Lifts set mine up, 33" OC or 36" outside edge to outside edge.

Here is what I got from my dealer.

Malibu and Axis Boat lift Bunk Measurements

VTX- 32”

VLX- 33”

20 MXZ 33”

MXZs - 33”

23 LSV - 33”

25 LSV- 33”

M235 – 33”

A20 - 32”

A22-24 33”

• Like 3