Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Velcro on Ronix wake surf shaper-can't seem to do it!!

Nwextreme

Bought that wake surf shaper at the boat show a couple months back and now that it's prime time to surf I can't seem to bring myself to put Velcro on my boat.  Just seams so tacky..those of you who have done it is it that bad or does it blend in well.  I have a black boat so I do have that going for me...

It is only stuck on & can be removed.

Having a Black Boat with Black Velcro, should not be noticable.

I have a Navy Blue hull with the Black & while is is noticable, not enough to worry.

If I used white on the Blue, different story.

Had a go at a home made version scaling from web images

Would love to find out the dims of the real McCoy to see how far out my guess work is.

Dims of the 3 sides will be enough to work  it out

I went with the mission delta. Suction cups and a 30 day money back guarantee.

I don't mind diy stuff, but paying money to another company that puts Velcro on the side of my boat is just too much for me.

• Like 3

I have a white boat..so I opted to get some white velco..you will be the only one that notices it, especially black on black . It will look better than most homemade surf gates I have seen.

I'm all for DIY stuff, and maybe for experimenting Velcro is OK, but not for a permanent solution to anything. Get Mission Delta instead. 

Velcro, cutting boards, plywood and skate ramps just shouldn't be on a  $10k+ boat.

Edited by TimbrSS