Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wet Sounds to Illusion X tower

FlipOn30s

So I have a question for my Bu friends and maybe it's been brought up before I couldn't find anything so I know someone here has the answer I didn't want to jump another thread. I recently bought a set of Rev 10s with fixed clamps and were Gona mount to the tubing of my Illusion X tower but have decided to order another set and add them in place of my factory Titan cans. 

So my question is the next set I order should I order with the X clamp kit? Is that the kit I will need to mount directly to my Illusion X tower? If so then I will need to order an X clamp kit for the first set also to mount all 4 directly to tower right? Thanks in advance Malibu Crew!! 

You should be able to buy Illusion x mounting brackets the screw into the threaded holes in the tower.  I do not believe there is a need for clamps.  My body has 2 sets of Rev 10's on his Illusion x no clamps.  They should be available with the speaker from the factory.  One set has a pretty large offset to accommodate the size of speaker

So Sparky do I need one set of these or will I need a set for each set of Revs? These are to offset them because they are much larger than the Titan cans right? 

I actually made some X mounts, but ended up not using them. I took the metal bracket out of the speaker and they mounted "pretty" nicely directly to the tower. I pushed some washers and didnt have any issues. They must be using 1.75" bolts from WS as my hardware store didnt have any that were perfect for the job. I can send you the specs if you want to try and clone one :)

MLA nailed it.

1 Xkit (call wetsounds, not on their website) = 1 set of wetsounds

1 xkit + 1 DX adaptor = 2 sets of wetsounds