Sign in to follow this  
YellowWakesetter

Ballast wont drain

YellowWakesetter

My boat is equipped with a ballast and after filling it up (full) it wont drain. What would be the best way to drain the ballast? Also how can I run tests on the drain pump?

Pistol Pete

Check the circuit breakers to start.

You can test fill the system with a fake a lake.

Edited by Pistol Pete

CedarLakeSkier
My boat is equipped with a ballast and after filling it up (full) it wont drain. What would be the best way to drain the ballast? Also how can I run tests on the drain pump?

I've been having a similar problem on my iRide.

The ballast fills in less than 10 minutes. I go to drain it and it takes 45-50 minutes. The pump is working and water is ejecting from the side of the boat (VERY slowly). No kinks in the hose that I can see.

I'd be interested in hearing any possible solutions to pistols or my problem.

NvBoarder

Easiest way to drain the ballast if a pump failed is to find the drain pump, which you will have to do anyway to replace it, if it is bad. Pull the hose off it and let the water pour out of it. Just make sure you open your drain plugs in the boat so the water can get out of the hull of the boat. Like pete said check the breakers first. best way to check you pumps turn them on for a second out of the water if you hear them running they work. Just don't leave them on to long, otherwise you will burn them up and have to replace all of them.

chathamsolutions

If you're pump's not working they're pretty easy to tear into. They come apart real easy. Easy to repair / replace.

Check the breaker, wiring, and then take the pump apart. Could have gotten sand / grime in there that stopped it up. That's what happened to me.