Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mirror for VLX or others

smooky

So I was going to post something similar.  I got the standard mirror that mounts on the windshield.  I get there are two mirror options but do people prefer the windshield mount or spend the extra on a tower mount?  Is the tower mount functional?

Personally I believe the PTM is a beautiful piece.  I think it provides a better view for slalom but the CIPA is acceptable for surf/wake at a significantly better price point.  Just depends on what you want to spend. 

Just now, pauley71 said:

So I was going to post something similar.  I got the standard mirror that mounts on the windshield.  I get there are two mirror options but do people prefer the windshield mount or spend the extra on a tower mount?  Is the tower mount functional?

Personally I believe the PTM is a beautiful piece.  I think it provides a better view for slalom but the CIPA is acceptable for surf/wake at a significantly better price point.  Just depends on what you want to spend. 

To some extent it depends on how much vibration you want to put up with and where you want your mirror heightwise.  Being mostly skiers having the mirror up as high as they wind up with on a tower mount would have me looking in the wrong place for driving.

4 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Cipa 180 for a less expensive alternative. pTM is a work of art tho. 

I am really happy with the cipa windshield mount and mirror. I have no issues seeing around it and it has no vibration to speak of. I had to mess with the rubber inserts for a solid mounting option but other than that, works great for a very inexpensive mirror. I think I'm in the mirror and bracket about $120 from Amazon.