Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu sportster fuel pump issues

4 hours ago, MadMan said:

If I understand what you are saying, there is a problem with this.  Once the engine starts, and there is oil pressure, the power being supplied to the fuel pump will back feed to the starter solenoid and reengage the starter.

You are correct. My error. I suppose that's why there's a diode in the setups that are wired that way.

8 hours ago, footndale said:

@Strokes89, Talked with my friend tonight. It was the purple wire on the oil sensor, next to the distributor. So not really a ground.

Hope that helpsl

Thanks footndale! Yea I checked over those wires on that sensor the other day and all looked good. Judging by what EngineNut told me I believe that fuel pump safety sensor is bad. Which is the same sensor you are referring too. I haven't had a chance to jump the wires like he said to check it but I will give it a shot Sunday afternoon. (Fingers crossed) I will update with my findings. Thanks everyone for you help! 

Edited by Strokes89

So I jumped the purple and red wires on the fuel pump safety switch like EngineNut recommended and got the fuel pump working with key on. Hooked it to the FAL and boat started up and ran great. Then I discovered a new issue... Looks like my water pump might be weeping. It was hard to tell for sure if the water was coming from the water pump or not but the pulley that the impeller pump is attached to was a little wet and slinging water. Seemed as if the water pump was dripping onto that pulley.