Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

When from four tower speakers to two ... what to do with old wires?

sidekicknicholas

I recently went from four of the stock 6.5" sony speakers to two Wetsounds.    So I have two locations with a speaker wire pair that is still hanging there.  I would like to keep the wires pulled in case I add more speakers later, but also would rather they're not just dangling there... any ideas for how to hide these but not lose the wires into the tower?

You can see where stuff is currently hanging down:

k2OY2pm.jpg

My boat came with black plugs for the mounting spots and the speaker wires (ran by the factory) were attached to these plugs. I have an 06 with the Illusion tower.  Does your tower not have any of these plugs?  I have them also where lights would mount to the underside of the leading edge of the tower...Malibu pre-wired these too.  I can't remember how the wires attach to the plugs and not sure where you could get some but if you still are looking I will take a couple pics this weekend. 

5 minutes ago, sidekicknicholas said:

I recently went from four of the stock 6.5" sony speakers to two Wetsounds.    So I have two locations with a speaker wire pair that is still hanging there.  I would like to keep the wires pulled in case I add more speakers later, but also would rather they're not just dangling there... any ideas for how to hide these but not lose the wires into the tower?

You can see where stuff is currently hanging down:

k2OY2pm.jpg

Tie the ends off and cap them. There is enough room to put the cap over the knot