Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

06 VRIDE PROP

mlmc3475

So I got the green light to order a new prop.  Been reading but still not sure what model to get.  Here's my set up

Running a Acme 537 on a 21' 2006 Vride with a Monsoon 340 at 800' elevation.  2,400 to 3,000 pounds of ballast,manual wedge down and a DIY surf gate.  Having some problems with getting on plane.

I have read that 2315 is awesome but to much prop for my boat.

The 2079 slips.

1235 seems like it's the correct choice or go 2315 but maybe overkill.  The post I been reading are about two years old and don't mention surf gates.  Any info would be great.

thanks

Others will chime in but I have the 2419, yet have not had it out with ballast. It's an acceleration monster but it does top out at 38 and bang the rev limiter which I dont love. The VLX weighs about 1500 more than my old echelon and it feels just as quick with the 2419 (same as the 2315 with no cup). I would probably go with the 1235. Safe bet and good all around. If you are planning on doing any more weight you could consider the 2419, but I have a feeling I will end up trading my 2419 for a 1235.

2004 wakesetter so same hull. couple years ago I upgraded to a 1235 and WOW a new boat. much better to plane and really no downside. 1235 is your new prop.