Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wetsounds xs-xxx v2 port size

tebbs

I have a wetsounds 12" sub (xs-xxx v2) powered by a wetsounds SD2 and I'm putting them onto my 2012 22mxz.

I just built a mock sub box to go under the dash, the actual wooden box will have a internal volume of 1.8ft3, which is the manual says, for a ported box.

I want to add a circular port onto the box.

My questions are, what do I use for a port? what diameter should it (internal)? how long should the port be?  where should the port be directed? 

with that amp how should the sub be wired? (parallel (Z = 1 ohm) or in series (Z = 4 ohms)

thanks

50 minutes ago, tebbs said:

with that amp how should the sub be wired? (parallel (Z = 1 ohm) or in series (Z = 4 ohms

The amp is 4 ohm bridged stable, so series is the only option

51 minutes ago, tebbs said:

where should the port be directed?

Most ideal, id say same direction as the woofer

52 minutes ago, tebbs said:

what diameter should it (internal)? how long should the port be?

These 2 together with the woofer's net volume all effect each other, as well as the desired tuning Hz. Change one and it effects the rest. 

Yes, basically you have a sealed 1.8 cuft. Box. Once anything is added it will no longer be 1.8 cuft. The internal should be 2.2 or so before woofer and port. This depends on port length and size, the driver displacement will never change.  Also the port doesn't have to be inside the enclosure. 

Edited by Truekaotik