Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Wakesetter Bluetooth Issues

dpbremer

18 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

That just sounds like you have the 420 wired wrong.  Why doesn't it turn on and off with your stereo?  The blue wire should be shared with your amps' remote turn on leads.

I purposely wired it that way.  When my screens were freaking out it was causing my 420 to do the same thing, due to them all being run to the same remote turn on wire form the HU, so in the middle of the lake I couldn't just go to my 420 when the screens freaked out.  Sometimes a reset of the batteries would fix that, but only for a period of time.  Got tired of it and ran the 420 to turn on from the power distribution block so if the problem comes up and by pass everything.  I hate dealing with boat crap on the water, especially stereo crap

It was rough, the new update seems to work way better, but I'm going to keep it wired like this until I'm sure.  i left the HU remote turn on easily accessible so I can go back easily to the way it should be wired cleanly.  Just connect the 420 and amps RT wires and throw a wire nut on it and we would be good to go

shawndoggy     5,422

10,151 posts

24 Aug 2009

Posted yesterday at 9:30 AM · 

@granddaddy55 I don't know what "battery reasons" are.  The red wire on a headunit is the power switch that turns the HU on and off.  In a car it makes sense to tie this to the key.  In a boat, not so much.  So I'm suggesting moving the red wire off of the ignition to a different switched source that's more consistent with how you use the boat.  An unused accessory switch would be a great option.

Thx , battery problems I meant having the switch to make sure I turned it off if I didn't turn off the main battery switch

• 9 months later...
10 hours ago, Meatball said:

I have 24 mxz with the same problems and my local dealer has no idea how to fix it!!!!what did they do to fix the problem

If your referring to the bluetooth issues... my dealer did two things.

1. Replaced both displays with updated versions where the 7" display now has a bluetooth antenna sticking out the back which greatly improves the connection stability.

2. Placed noise suppression on the horn leads. Now pressing the horn button no longer disconnects the bluetooth connection. 

13 hours ago, Meatball said:

Thanks for the help. Hope my Malibu dealer will do the same. Did replacing the screens solve the volume fluctuations also?

I didn't really notice volume fluctuations with my system (before or after) other than the Malibu BT connection line level is quite low as compared to other sources... and that fact remains even after the screen update. 

11 minutes ago, dpbremer said:

I didn't really notice volume fluctuations with my system (before or after) other than the Malibu BT connection line level is quite low as compared to other sources... and that fact remains even after the screen update. 

I've been meaning to try to "break in" to the Windows OS running on the 7" screen this off season to see if I could adjust the volume levels. Now that my boat is sitting in front of my house I'll put some effort in to this. Once I can bypass the default Malibu app it should be simple to read and adjust the volume levels.

• 3 years later...
On 2/19/2017 at 9:16 AM, dpbremer said:

If your referring to the bluetooth issues... my dealer did two things.

1. Replaced both displays with updated versions where the 7" display now has a bluetooth antenna sticking out the back which greatly improves the connection stability.

2. Placed noise suppression on the horn leads. Now pressing the horn button no longer disconnects the bluetooth connection. 

Did this solution fix all three of the issues you listed in the original post?