Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sirius radio for 2012 with fosgate system

SnubNose

Now I haven't called in and activated but I'm pretty sure that's not necessisary you should still see the preview channel or whatever. 

pretty sure you NEED to be able to see the preview screen, because that's where you get your tuner ID that you give to the sirius peeps when you call in.

13 minutes ago, MLA said:

Yes, the preview chnl is always broadcasting, regardless of subscription status. Thats to let you know all the equipment is working. 

What do you guys recommend I do then ? I've checked pins and cables. Faulty box? It looks perfectly fine and was packaged very nicely so I doubt it...

have you tried disconnecting the power to the black box (yellow wire)?  I think you could just unplug the big molex connector.  your black box might need a little prompting to get itself reset?

2 hours ago, SnubNose said:

What do you guys recommend I do then ? I've checked pins and cables. Faulty box? It looks perfectly fine and was packaged very nicely so I doubt it...

Contact your SAT receiver dealer for assistance. Thats what they are there for.

51 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

have you tried disconnecting the power to the black box (yellow wire)?  I think you could just unplug the big molex connector.  your black box might need a little prompting to get itself reset?

I disconnected the battery for 20 min isn't that the same thing ? 

Just now, shawndoggy said:

yeah, that should do it.

So then no point in disconnecting yellow ? Is it possible the scc1 isn't compatible with my black box ? 

I'm pretty sure rfx 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 are all scc1 compatible.  hard to know what isn't working.  Would be nice to sub out some parts to see what part isn't working.

If the SCC1 plugs in, there's nothing else.  THe module connects directly to the black box.

The SXV300 has a different connector

If the black box is bad, I've got one I pulled from a new Cobalt that I'd sell.

Edited by jonyb
17 minutes ago, jonyb said:

If the SCC1 plugs in, there's nothing else.  THe module connects directly to the black box.

The SXV300 has a different connector

If the black box is bad, I've got one I pulled from a new Cobalt that I'd sell.

No black box is fine. Rest of my music working perfectly. Just sirius. 

17 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

I'm pretty sure rfx 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 are all scc1 compatible.  hard to know what isn't working.  Would be nice to sub out some parts to see what part isn't working.

You think that cable is the one I need ? 

^^^^

This is the cable I used since my used SCC1 box did not come with one.

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Sirius-8-Pin-cable-tuners/dp/B00KJ9AOVM?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Although it seems like if the cable you have plugged in actually plugged in then it should be the right one.

All I did was to hook up the antennae and cable with the perko off and when I turned it on it all worked.  FYI the sirrius ID is on a sticker on the SCC1 so you don't have to read it off the head unit.

Edited by oldjeep
7 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Although it seems like if the cable you have plugged in actually plugged in then it should be the right one.

Exactly what I was saying.  Why does he think he still needs to buy a cable from  Crapazon?  It plugs in, there are no bent pins.  What more needs to be said?

8 hours ago, oldjeep said:

This is the cable I used since my used SCC1 box did not come with one.

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Sirius-8-Pin-cable-tuners/dp/B00KJ9AOVM?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

All I did was to hook up the antennae and cable with the perko off and when I turned it on it all worked.  FYI the sirrius ID is on a sticker on the SCC1 so you don't have to read it off the head unit.

Yeah that's the cable I have. The company I bought the sirius tuner from is sending me another one to try , but I have a feeling it's thus crappie black box deal on the malibu. If I eliminate the box and cable then it must be black box issue. I already tried battery restart. What else could I try ? 

seems pretty unlikely that it is the black box since everything else works. I'll bet the scc1 tuner is bad. Be nice if they would have put some lights on them so that you can tell if it is even powered up.

10 hours ago, oldjeep said:

seems pretty unlikely that it is the black box since everything else works. I'll bet the scc1 tuner is bad. Be nice if they would have put some lights on them so that you can tell if it is even powered up.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I have no clue whether it is even getting powered. Well the new one should be here in a few days. 

Kind of odd for 4 of those to be in Lagrange Indiana. I'm about 30 minutes from there and not much there maybe some trailer rv factories I guess