Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sirius radio for 2012 with fosgate system

SnubNose

I have a 2012 Mxz with the full Rockford do agate system and it says it's Sirius stereo ready. What other items do I need to purchase to actually get the Sirius on the boat and how/where do I install? 

If it's a 2012, you'll probably need the SCC1.  You'd better nab the one from the guy in the other thread because the price on those has skyrocketed.

42 minutes ago, SnubNose said:

I got a used one off Amazon for $65 shipped

Wow - just make sure it was actually an SCC1 and not one of the intermediary boxes that used SCC1 in part of the description.  Ran into a lot of those and some of them look just like an SCC1 except what is printed on them.  Or worse yet what I did the first time which was to buy a SXV300 because it came up as the "new model" scc1 - down't work with the older radios.

Edited by oldjeep

Paying $100 or more for a SCC1 when the newer SXV300s go for under $40 galled me, so I just kept scouring craigslist till I found one that someone would sell me for $25.  It was brand new in the box and included the cables and antenna.

I looked around for a few days and ultimately paid $120 plus $20 for the cable it was missing.  Got a Kenwood intermediary box and cable with it that I didn't need and there didn't seem to be a demand at any price so I tossed it.

9 hours ago, oldjeep said:

I looked around for a few days and ultimately paid $120 plus $20 for the cable it was missing.  Got a Kenwood intermediary box and cable with it that I didn't need and there didn't seem to be a demand at any price so I tossed it.

This is the one i got : http://www.amazon.com/SIRIUS-SCC1-Connect-Universal-Tuner/dp/B000Q9UFKU 

It was a used kit so hopefully everything shows up working.

10 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Paying $100 or more for a SCC1 when the newer SXV300s go for under $40 galled me, so I just kept scouring craigslist till I found one that someone would sell me for $25.  It was brand new in the box and included the cables and antenna.

Hard to compare the price of a retired compatible unit with the price of the current unit thats not compatible. 

26 minutes ago, MLA said:

Hard to compare the price of a retired compatible unit with the price of the current unit thats not compatible. 

Actually I found it to be quite easy!

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 11:05 PM, oldjeep said:

Lots of scc1 on eBay for around $100.

I havent' looked lately.  I gave up last year when I had to pay $250 for one off ebay.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MLA said:

The SAT infomercial chnl should play when you mode over the SAT, indicating all is working

It's not playing that. Only fm and auxiliary come up no sirius. I have it plugged into black box under helm with the black plug that is labeled "sirius". Antenna has a clear view. I disconnected battery to restart system and still nothing comes up. 

1 hour ago, MLA said:

Could be that that cable under the helm is not connected to the actual stereo black box

I'll check that now. 

1 hour ago, MLA said:

Could be that that cable under the helm is not connected to the actual stereo black 

It's connected. It's hard wired to black box by batteries. 

What Shawn said. Everything about that POS BB is poorly executed royal pita and you will continue to have problems with the connections unless you tape the connections together and provide plenty of strain relief for the wires! Definately the biggest source of aggravation and embarrassment for me on my brand new boat at that time.

18 minutes ago, wdr said:

What Shawn said. Everything about that POS BB is poorly executed royal pita and you will continue to have problems with the connections unless you tape the connections together and provide plenty of strain relief for the wires! Definately the biggest source of aggravation and embarrassment for me on my brand new boat at that time.

So unplug from the internal part of the black box where you have to remove the two screws? I've never even touched that before. I'll check the pins on the actual test cable end that goes to scc1 let me know if you guys think I should actually remove the screws and look inside black box. 

Just checked cable and all pins are good

LOL, no brain surgery! You would just be checking the internal pins on the male end of the Sirius cable. I had the same issue with the male pins in the plug in for the iPod cable in the glove box.

Edited by wdr

Yep, that's the cable with the pins you will be checking. I used a dental pick to get mine straightened out. You might want to eyeball the end going into the ssc1 while you are at it. For me, that style of cable has caused me no end of grief. It took 2 people to push and tape mine together and then I attached the connection on both sides with a zip tie that can be screwed to a surface to fix the issue.

Edited by wdr
57 minutes ago, wdr said:

Yep, that's the cable with the pins you will be checking. I used a dental pick to get mine straightened out. You might want to eyeball the end going into the ssc1 while you are at it. For me, that style of cable has caused me no end of grief. It took 2 people to push and tape mine together and then I attached the connection on both sides with a zip tie that can be screwed to a surface to fix the issue.

All my pins look good. I shove the cable together then have someone toggle the mode button and sirius wont come up. Like none of my pins are even slightly bent and the arrows are lined up on both cables. 

I also just adjusted pins just to see if it would help. Nothing. I notice on the connector it has a slider piece but I'm pretty sure you slide that back to remove cable? When I insert cable is goes in firmly and won't pull out unless I use the slider so I know it's seated firmly.