Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Check it out. A little different from the norm.

dielawn

I was wondering when we would see the first person with the baby d-max.  Good to hear it pulled well!  What did you do for additional helper springs/bags in the rear to handle the weight?

Hmm.. need to check that one out... I have been pulling mine with my Jeep Liberty (diesel)... The looks I get when the boat is connected is hilarious... Tows my 23 just fine.. and I still get 18+mpg while towing... Glad to see GM has jumped in on the baby diesels... :)

36 minutes ago, Skin2Win said:

I was wondering when we would see the first person with the baby d-max.  Good to hear it pulled well!  What did you do for additional helper springs/bags in the rear to handle the weight?

Nothing was done to the truck. That is stock Z71 suspension your looking at. The suspension is at a nice level at the back. Thats with a loaded bed as well. The truck handled the boat flawlessly. 

@oldjeep don't quote me on this but, I believe my Long bed crew cab colorado is about 6 inches narrower and 6 inches shorter than a  new Silverado. Have you been in a new Silverado Lately? The trucks are huge... I think in a side by side comparison you would realize it is quite smaller than a new Silverado.

Impressive.  Very cool and capable little truck.  I have often thought about getting one for ease of parking in the city but I just didn't like the 3.6 V6 they had.  May have to go test drive the diesel now!

My mom has a gas colorado. It is very nice inside.

How heavy duty is the cooling system and trans cooler? 

It is by far a much needed size class for a diesel. 

1 hour ago, jaciche said:

Nice truck! Glad to hear that it tows well. How much DEF does it consume over X amount of miles?

Thanks!

The truck is brand new, I only have 1000 miles on it currently. But supposedly the DEF just needs to be topped off every time you get an oil change so every 6k-7k miles. The truck has a DEF gauge so it will let me know if the DEF gets low, but its suppose to last as long as the oil.