Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard setup '15 VLX

t a

I just wanted to post this because all I ever see is posts about surfing but never see wakeboarding setups.  I've never had a dialed in wake that I loved until this boat and just wanted to give info to others looking how to weight their boat for boarding.  I felt the surf wave was really good as well with this setup so no modification to go back and forth.  So here goes, stock ballast full, roniX 800's in rear as full as they can get, triangle in bow with 5-600lbs in it.  200lbs lead spread through cabin for even weight distribution.  Wedge at 2 clicks up, speed 21.5.  For surfing, wedge 3 clicks up 10.5-10.7.

We also will ride with about 300ish in each locker with the bags, one adult in the bow, all hard tanks full, wedge 1-3 depending on taste and this produces a very nice wakeboard wake without the extra weight.   Just something to try if you want to lighten up the load a little.

first time out with the new vlx last weekend, we ran full with 550's plug n play and 250 lead in bow and 500 lead in side's plus wedge and it was huge!

Just as yall always say for surfing, there's no replacement for displacement!  I'm averaging less than $10/ set running 2419 with 350 so I'm pretty happy with it.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2016 at 8:42 PM, t a said:

I just wanted to post this because all I ever see is posts about surfing but never see wakeboarding setups.  I've never had a dialed in wake that I loved until this boat and just wanted to give info to others looking how to weight their boat for boarding.  I felt the surf wave was really good as well with this setup so no modification to go back and forth.  So here goes, stock ballast full, roniX 800's in rear as full as they can get, triangle in bow with 5-600lbs in it.  200lbs lead spread through cabin for even weight distribution.  Wedge at 2 clicks up, speed 21.5.  For surfing, wedge 3 clicks up 10.5-10.7.

I just got a 2015 VLX as well and was looking for a thread on here about the wakeboard wake.  So thank you!! When you say the wedge is at "2 clicks up", what does that exactly mean? Up from where?  Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Suggy said:

I just got a 2015 VLX as well and was looking for a thread on here about the wakeboard wake.  So thank you!! When you say the wedge is at "2 clicks up", what does that exactly mean? Up from where?  Thanks!

Congrats! boat looks sweet!  I run wedge 2 "piano keys" up from the lift spot, so one position higher than the one that says "ramp" on it.  If you like a little steeper wake similar to a G, run the wedge 3 spots up from the lift. 

On 5/2/2016 at 10:38 AM, Fman said:

We also will ride with about 300ish in each locker with the bags, one adult in the bow, all hard tanks full, wedge 1-3 depending on taste and this produces a very nice wakeboard wake without the extra weight.   Just something to try if you want to lighten up the load a little.

Are you saying you only fill the bags in the locker to around 300?  Or you put an additional 300 in each locker?

Also, what's everyone's surf setup for the 2015 VLX?  Do you guys have two different settings for a tall, steep wave then a short, longer wave?  Thanks!