Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory Locker Bags? Confused

chrisnorem

So I took delivery of my 2016 23 LSV today which I ordered from factory.  I was very surprised to see fly high bags already in the rear lockers hooked up to PNP.  Dealer says they are factory but doesn't know size.  I'm assuming 550s.  Is this correct?  Part of me thinks they put them in and person helping wasn't aware.    I previously bought Wakemakers custom 660s for my rear lockers not knowing these were coming with boat and am thinking is there really much difference? Should exchange the WM bags for the full custom ones that completely fill the rear locker space since I unexpectedly have the 550s (assuming that is what they are)?  is the size written on the bag somewhere?    I'm aware the WM 660s are really more like 800 full for the 2016  No idea about what is in there now. Or keep the WM 660s and sell what came with it?  Thanks.

No idea what is in there now, your dealer should be able to tell you but they are probably the 550's. They seem to want these bags in there for general use. The Wakemakers Max Capacity bags aren't available for the 2016 23LSV's yet as of earlier this week. The bags they are selling at this time are 700 lb sacs. Be aware that the bigger the sacks you use in the lockers, the more you will need extra bow weight to get the nose down and lengthen the wave for surfing. I've got the WM 700's and waiting on the Max Capacity that I'll switch to when they are available.

The sacs/bags in the back are supplied by the dealer, not by Malibu. It's not an option for Malibu to supply them, it's a "dealer prep" option and they can charge or throw them in depending on what they want to show on the invoice. As far as I'm aware there isn't any indication on the sacs/bags as to what size they are; your best bet is to measure along the seams and compare the measurements to the website or on-the-shelf packaging to figure out what they are.

I guess I will see which ones bigger and sell the other ones.  Although I'm quite sure I paid for them some how.

• Like 2