Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Foil Rack on G3 with Ski Rack?

RichardP

I have a 2012 VTX with GS tower. Currently I have upper and lower Titan pivoting board racks on port side, and a lower board rack and upper ski rack on starboard side. I just bought a Sky Ski foil. I am looking at the Compteck pivoting racks for the foil. I need to keep the slalom ski rack. Does any one know if the Compteck foil rack will fit below the ski rack? Any advice would be appreciated. 

99% sure skis or any other boards won't fit. The comptech rack is nice but I use the surf slot on the Titan spinner. Foil fits in upside down and backwards. I just use the stock bungee to secure it but if I want to really secure it, I run the lap belt through the G3 tower leg and a regular bungee cord around the strut and tower. I don't usually have anything holding the strut but it stays in there really firm. I don't get any movement while on the water. That is the only downside to foiling. They take up a LOT of space. 

You shouldn't have a problem with having both the Comptech rack & a slalom ski rack on one side. But having a foil & a slalom ski in the racks at the same time may not be possible. Maybe it would work if you were able to adjust the angle of the ski upward?

What about having a pocket sewn into the bimini for the ski?