Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exile Bluetooth Install Q's

erervin

Just received the Exile Bluetooth device in the mail from Bakes and I'm not sure where I'm to connect the audio leads to the Maliview ('09 VTX).  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks!C8009F24-290A-42AD-930F-EC50353AD661_zps

BC95375D-12F5-43F4-9E1A-C762E3838234_zps

Ended up having to modify the install in order to get it to work.  The 2009 Maliview's (at least on mine) don't have an extra aux input on the JBL blackbox's for RCA inputs.  I called Exile and they also confirmed this.  I utilized the 1/8" aux input in the glove box with a RCA audio adapter/splitter.

don't have an extra aux input on the JBL blackbox's for RCA inputs

This implies that there is an input, but its occupied? With what, the same AUX you plugged into in the glove box? Do you want to retain the use of that hard-wire glove box integration as well? Malibu's solution was to Y that input to the OEM BT and that glove box 3.5M. Seemed to work fine as long as both were not used at once. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed the Exile Bluetooth adapter last weekend.  I have a 2010 LSV.  I connected to power through the ground and remote lead at the sub amp.  I then added an RCA cable with a headphone jack and ran the headphone jack through the same hole in the glove box as the iPod cable.  I only pulled about 6" of the headphone end of the cable into the glove box.  I then just plugged it into the existing aux input and can now still connect a device without Bluetooth by just unplugging the Bluetooth and plugging another headphone cable in.  I don't have any engine noise using the Bluetooth adapter.

I found the sound quality of the Exile Bluetooth to be very good.  I could not tell a difference between the Bluetooth, connecting using an aux input cable or the same song in an uncompressed MP3 file via USB.  Very happy with this upgrade!

Kris