Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone make their own pump?

Colby

Now to keep that title from being spun in a dirty way, I am wondering about making a homemade pump to fill and drain fat sacs out of an 1100 gph bilge pump and some tubing. Have any of you done this? I know I'm being a cheap a**, but for the amount that I will use it (I'm a skier) I hate to pay as much as they want for them.

any thoughts?

Colby

I'm a skier too, so I understand your thinking here. I made an adapter out of small tubing that fits into the bilge outlet fitting on the hull of the boat, and onto the hose to the fat sac. When I want to fill the sac, I remove the drainplug and flood the bilge. As the bilge pump pumps-out the boat, the water is directed into the sac. When through, it is easy enough to drain the sac into the bilge using a short hose and the siphon action. I have been able to avoid having an extra pump this way.