Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MDC Computer needed

Srobinson789

I have a 1999 Wakesetter and my gauges have all quit on me.  I need a new MDC-1600 part number 6607-20008-01.  Thought I'd see if anybody out there has one they would sell me!  I'd rather buy one from someone on the forum than online somewhere.  Please let me know if you have one you'd part with.  You can text/call me @ 601-668-1962.  Thanks.

I've got the 4 in 1 but all 3 of my gauges (including that one) don't work at all.  So I'm told I need the computer...

I've tried the cannon plug wiggle fix but didn't work.  I unplugged the small plug on the unit but still nothing.  Gauges don't move at all.

Ok, so I got the back off and am trying to see where my problem is.  Nothing is exactly jumping out at me except for it looks like some solder loss on the PS1 and PS3 areas which is by the hole the pitot tubes come into.  Also, seems like some loss at the top R1 (top leftish area, hard to see the R1 because of glue but it is to the left of R82) which is where the small plug connects on the back side.  There could be a little loss on the solders on the top right but not 100% sure.  Does anybody know or see anything that you think I should do?  I am planning on cleaning and beefing up the solders on the PS1 and PS3.  I saw a thread where the guy did that to the R1 area as well so I will try that too.  Any ideas, help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

By the way, with a heat gun I got the back off in about 5 minutes.  Half of it had no glue on it at all.  They seemed to get more glue on the board than on the cover. 

I can't post my pictures.  Says the page I am trying to access "isn't available for my account".  Guess I'm too new.  If somebody is willing to help me I could text or email them to you.