Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

QBomb with heater in 13' 23LSV

Cmb396

Ok, so in a last minute decision, I'm going to attempt to put a qbomb in for the summer, and most likely do a custom box for next season.

Any tips for fitting the box, securing it etc in. 2013 LSV with a heater?

Tbh, the box doesn't fit that great and hits everything back there. The heater hoses can be pushed to the side for more clearance, and I put 1" legs under it to raise, doesn't seem like enough tho. 

The kick panel will be easy to make, and only seems to be pushed out probably 3-4" from the orig.

any other tips to a better fit? How should I secure the box?

On 4/26/2016 at 8:16 AM, Cmb396 said:

Any tips for fitting the box, securing it etc in. 2013 LSV with a heater?

If it's "temporary" just put some rubber feet on it and shove it in there.  No need to secure it unless you're going to be in big choppy water.  Mine has never moved.

Thought: The QBomb has a bit too large volume for most woofers so before you put it all together think about putting some lumber or insulation foam inside the box to take up some space.

Thanks, picked up some rubber bumpers this morning. From lowes. I'm going to screw it down tho, we can get into some pretty choppy water at times when there a lot of traffic.

as for the box specs, it advertises 1.3 cubic ft, which from what I've read, is what these factory subs need. 

Mostly finished up today, started raining tho, so had to stop early.

Got the box positioned to where it was tolerable. I used 1" rubber bumpers from lowes for feet to raise it off the floor. I was able to modify the stock kick panel to reuse with the Qbomb as well. It does stick out quite a further than it used to, but I still have plenty of leg room. The box sticks out over the carpet about 4", but the spacers allow room to take the carpet in and out.

As for the sound, all I can say is NIGHT AND DAY difference!! Deep base, no rattles, and it sounds like a 12" sub should! I'll get some pics later when I get the grill on and other things in.

• Like 2