Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Raptor 6.2 oil filter

Ifinallygota21v

Does anyone have a part number for a the oil filter for the new raptor 6.2 motor?  Indmars part number is 872025 but want to get at autozone. 

My quick search on internet found the following cross reference chart.  Mann filter is very respectable European filter manufacturer.  I have been using Mann Filters in my VW GTI and Audi S5 for years.  

PROFILTER: 9546G9N      FRAM: CH-9954      PUROLATOR: L35234    WIX:  57186    MANN:  HU 719/8 x

Edited by ORMailbuboater
42 minutes ago, Ifinallygota21v said:

Awesome thanks!

The 872025 part number filter is the spin on type. Not a cartridge filter so the numbers provided above don't match what you asked for. If you have a spin on filter, it is 872025 or motor craft FL-820S. Testing by Indmar and ford on oil filters of many brands show improper flow on many even though they are sold as equivalent filters. Buy only the Indmar or motorcraft for proper performance. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, KJKimball said:

The 872025 part number filter is the spin on type. Not a cartridge filter so the numbers provided above don't match what you asked for. If you have a spin on filter, it is 872025 or motor craft FL-820S. Testing by Indmar and ford on oil filters of many brands show improper flow on many even though they are sold as equivalent filters. Buy only the Indmar or motorcraft for proper performance. 

Good catch.  I thought he wanted the cartridge style since Ifinallygota21v signature shows 2016 VLX which should be the cartridge style instead of the spin on for 2015

Edited by ORMailbuboater
  • 6 months later...

Sorry to open an old topic.  I was getting concerned because the Mann Filter is slightly longer and doesn't quite have the same ends as the one I am replacing, which was the Napa equivalent (part 7186 recommended by my dealer) on my first change.  Anyways, I always trust EngineNut on these things so was glad to see he personally gave the part number. 

3D250783-96D8-48D9-9433-DC2D0056B051_zps

87828DD6-FD19-4866-A7A9-481075E16C38_zps

9F47F01D-1BDE-4B31-9A46-0D4F307FE3D3_zps

• Like 3
  • 6 years later...

Ok so I broke my filter housing, over tightened it. Anyone know where I could get one.  After removing it it looks like a regular screw on filter could be used. Anyone ever done this.  And has anyone ever changed it and done a new remote filter elsewhere on the motor. 

11 hours ago, Rosy said:

Ok so I broke my filter housing, over tightened it. Anyone know where I could get one.  After removing it it looks like a regular screw on filter could be used. Anyone ever done this.  And has anyone ever changed it and done a new remote filter elsewhere on the motor. 

https://www.malibuparts.com/products/canister-for-oil-filter-cartridge-6-2-indmar-ford

You can also check with Bakes Online. https://www.bakesonline.com/

Edited by Hemmy

Thanks, unfortunately they are sold out everywhere and are very cheap.  was wondering if anyone used a regular automotive filter instead of the cartridge housing.  Has anyone used a complete aftermarket remote oil filter in place of this.