Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ram Rebel

85 Barefoot

Just drove one.  Air suspension is pretty slick.  Yes they're a polarizing look and they're no raptor fighter, but can be had priced relatively well.  Not a tow monster but more than capable.  Anyone know anyone with one?  Thoughts? 

ahopkins22LSV

Haven't been around or in one. I don't like the huge ran across the tailgate though. 

I will say the hemi paired with their 8 speed transmission is money. My friends truck tows very good. Have had load equivalent to a new VLX behind it and without a lot it gets great fuel mileage. If I was buying new a ram would be high on the list. It's a short list but it made it. 

Put some cosmetic touches on a few so far. Wider flares and steps and bed covers and such.

I'm still running an accessory shop owned by a Ram dealer...The first year the air suspension came out ('14?) there were one or two that kept coming back with issues. Mostly computer glitches with the leveling. Don't know the percentage of failure, I'd guess it was pretty low. Haven't heard much since then, and usually around here it's a no-news-is-good-news situation as far as tech gossip.

I'm not one for the Rebel styling, and unfortunately some of it is already hitting other trim levels--like the large "RAM" t/g logo. The interior is a little odd, the tread marks on the seats kinda reminds me of the first Avalanches bed mat, but I do like the black/red contrasts and the material they used. If it is of interest to you, there is not a grille guard I've found that fits around that front bumper right now. Only option is a full bumper replacement. Not a popular option any more, but thought I'd mention it as I just looked last week for a customer and came up empty through my distributors.

My parents have purchased an '11 Town and Country and a '14 Grand Cherokee and have been happy with the phone and music connectivity of the factory electronics, which are the same across all Mopar brands. Just be sure the one you buy has everything you need already in it, as some of the add-ons through the dealer haven't been the most reliable if they are available at all. Both of their vehicles have also been very reliable mechanically. Again, I don't hear much about the Rams at all other than some air bag recalls and those first couple air ride issues, and around here that's usually good news. The new Cherokees with the 9 speed however….

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, nyryan2001 said:

That's not SAE rated tow limit I assume?

I've provided numerous J2807-compliant charts on Rams in the past Ryan.  That # is SAE compliant and does not require a WDH.