Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fitment Issues!!!!

Mattb422

Bought the so called "custom fit 22 vlx bags" for my 15' vlx and they are now where near custom fit for the boat, anybody else have these bags that can give me some insight? The ports on the bags don't line up with any of the pnp lines on my boat and the one port is directly on the bottom of the bag hmmm doesn't seem like a good spot. I called wakemakers and sent some pictures of the situation and I'm waiting on return call from WM. Maybe they sent the wrong bags or bad bag. I have read some of your forums about cutting some hoses so they fit better but didn't think I would have to do that with these 350$ bags sheesh.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to cut my factory pnp on my axis to make for a best fit especially with that bottom port that is best served by a short rear drain hose very close to where hose comes out, same for vent line towards front of locker? Also length ov top fill hose to the best of two holes? On top

Yup i cut down the two bottom drains and moved the top hose around to fit the port nicely. Haven't had boat out yet so hopefully not leaks and fills and drains like wake makers "says" it will

I had to put in a 90 elbow from lowes plumbing in the end of valve going through the nut on end before hose and clamp and cut fill hose  to get rid of a kink in the fill hose that would happen as bag became full, we may have even rotated the valve 90 degrees, can't remember 

also guys on this site cap there hard tank vent and move pnp vent hose to vent opening or you will have to burp your bags each and every time you fill them , go see axis forum for explain and pictures.  I just burp all three each time 

poor wakemakers , I'm sure they were sick of me in April 2014 as I would  not go out until I was sacced out.  They got me thru it.

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 2