Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Vinyl Cleaning Technique

So every year I struggle trying to find a decent product to clean my vinyl with, so this year, my buddy and I thought we would try something new with our boats.  I bought a steam cleaner from harbor freight ($59 on sale).  I got a gallon of greased lightning and used a spray bottle to apply to the vinyl.  Using the steam cleaner, i was able to lightly scrub with a scrub attachment and the results were remarkable.  Has anyone every tried a steam cleaner?  I'm hoping it's not too much heat for the vinyl, however it seemed to work just fine and like i said - with remarkable results.  I now only need to wipe down all of it with fresh water, and add a vinyl treatment as I'm sure this pretty much stripped it of any UV protection whatsoever.  Tried to add the photos here but it wont let me for some reason - so hopefully this link works for every one. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7m82e8c7ofilshc/AACy-krro4jqnOqGwyyt2HWAa?dl=0

I use 303 vinyl cleaner it works pretty good. If I have a mark the 303 can't get out I will lightly use Mr. Clean magic eraser. Have never steam cleaned, but may have to give it a shot. I have pressure washed the carpet. 

Edited by CumminsBu