Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

For the foilers

yukon

I have been riding a stock Sky Ski for a 3-4 years and my 11 yr old started early last year. We're going to demo an Air Chair next weekend as my Sky Ski purchase partner is taking ours for a week on his annual trip.

I'd qualify my son and I as intermediate riders, he flies a little higher, I fly farther and just started clearing the wakes the past couple trips. Generally tow about 20 MPH. No flips or rolls yet, but working on it. Was hoping to get a little insight on differences between the two from those who have ridden both, preferences, gotcha's etc. I'm assuming we should demo the intermediate version of the Air Chair since we're both fairly comfortable on it.

Thanks in advance!

Yukon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• diehardskier

• goochy

• Pistol Pete

• YJim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are a few serious foilers on this site and hopefully they will chime in... We have an Air Chair, but I'm not a serious rider at all. But we have a friend who is really into the sport-travels all over the place to different events- and he swears by the Sky Ski. He insists that it is much better than the Air Chair-FWIW.

Might make sense to stick with what you know.

I ride a Sky Ski LE38. I have only ridden the early air chairs. Sky Ski definately had the best compared to the older air chairs, but now they have the V38 & Geno's G38. These are definatly top end foils. The newer sky skis are much better also. There is a major difference from the early cast foils to the much thinner billet ones. If you and your son are definately hard core on the foil, then my suggestion would be to go with Sky Ski's B39 or the LE38. You could probably even find an older 2001-2003 LE for a good price. The LE38 is really pricy, but you should be able to find one from someone that is wanting to sell that will be reasonably priced. Alot of folks are switching to Foiltech & etc that had the LE's. Just remember if you ride one of the billet foils you will not want to ride another cast foil. There is as much difference in stepping out of an older Volkswagon beetle and into a new caddilac as far as the ride goes. If you go with the Air Chair I would definately go with the V-38 or G-38. I would stay away from the older Stealth models.

Just my .02

George

first off, i will state that i suck on both, but I have an older chair, and one of my friends has a newer Sky Ski, and I find it way easier to ride his Sky Ski then my Air Chair. Its probably not a good comparison, but I poipose (sp?) way more on the Air Chair.

I have a 2005 Pro ST shock tower with a 2005 polioshed 2 pc foil like new $1500.00 obo looks great , rides perfect. I just got a B 39 and love it . List price on a 2 pc is around $2000.00

Jim does that have the shock tower?

No shock. It is the rock tower, buttrax seat pad, SS double locking belt. I'm considering an upgrade to an older LE.

any offers on mine ? the board and tower only used 4 times comes with foot stays, and foil polished up nice . My foil, and friends board / shock tower. I'm running a 2005 Pro St with a 2005 anodized red B 39. Got it this summer, sweet ride. Its been cut down , so I can ride it at 36 in, or 37.5. I started hydrofoiling 3 summers ago on a Air Chair Stealth, it was fun , but I started jumping wake to wake and my back hurt. Then I bought a $$$$$$ ski sky 2 piece billet shock tower, loved it , but wanted more, now I have a Surprised.gif $$$$$$$$$ Shocking.gif B39 with full bat wing set up and shock tower. Love the new ski its a great ride, its close to a LEX but did not cost $5000.00 !! Come on over to Pickwick , Tn there are about 12-15 foilers now and growing !!

Here is a pic of last weekend on my new set up. The B 39 shock tower ! Bunny hop on the side with tweaked out grab.

post-227-1153359639_thumb.jpg

This guy is trying to sell this thing for the second time on ebay. I think his starting bid is too high. It's the same starting bid as last time and he didn't have a single bid. For fun, look at his 1 feedback and look at what it was that he bought to get that feedback.
This guy is trying to sell this thing for the second time on ebay. I think his starting bid is too high. It's the same starting bid as last time and he didn't have a single bid. For fun, look at his 1 feedback and look at what it was that he bought to get that feedback.

Doesn't everyone buy that stuff on Ebay????

the board and tower only used 4 times comes with foot stays, and foil polished up nice . My foil, and friends board / shock tower.

Gooch,

I'm a little confused. What exactly are you selling and for how much?

2005 Sky Ski Pro 2 piece billet, anodized foil assy. Would consider selling for ~$1000.

is this the sky ski used in the "scorpion video"?

This is the famous "scorpion foil". The aftermarket is booming right now with new T bars, wingletless wings, flex seats, etc. My plan is to piece something together with the best of everything. This foil rides sweet, I just have no skillz Crazy.gif

any offers on mine ? the board and tower only used 4 times comes with foot stays, and foil polished up nice . My foil, and friends board / shock tower. I'm running a 2005 Pro St with a 2005 anodized red B 39. Got it this summer, sweet ride. Its been cut down , so I can ride it at 36 in, or 37.5. I started hydrofoiling 3 summers ago on a Air Chair Stealth, it was fun , but I started jumping wake to wake and my back hurt. Then I bought a $$$$$$ ski sky 2 piece billet shock tower, loved it , but wanted more, now I have a Surprised.gif $$$$$$$$$ Shocking.gif B39 with full bat wing set up and shock tower. Love the new ski its a great ride, its close to a LEX but did not cost $5000.00 !! Come on over to Pickwick , Tn there are about 12-15 foilers now and growing !!

Here is a pic of last weekend on my new set up. The B 39 shock tower ! Bunny hop on the side with tweaked out grab.

Nice !

If I tried that I'd land in a bunny hop tweaked out grab to side splat punctured lung :lol:

Cry.gif I have hit the water HARD a few times !! but its fun !! Not much in my trick bag, bunny hops , kangroo jumps, wake to wake jumps , no handed floaters, skidders, dismounted backflips ( NO rope ) , and lots of grabs . Still trying to ride and get better, I have got to get use to this new ski. The B 39 foil is like 1 foot LONGER T bar !! its HUGE !!

Here is a pic of a bunny hop FLOATER, ( let go of the handle and grab it before you land ) .... KEEP your eyes ON the handle !! yes I did ride away from this one....... Shocking.gif

Surprised.gif FOR SALE !!!!!!!! USED , 2005 Pro ST shock tower with cinch foot stays, board and tower used very little, the foil is a used 2 piece billet polished foil ( my old foil used 1 summer ) great shape. Total package foil, shock tower, board etc.... READY to ride $1500.00 like new. I bought my friends B39 foil , and I am KEEPING my polished shock tower. so for sale is his new board and tower and my used foil. Come to Pickwick to demo it any weekend . Also my friend can e mail some pics of the set up. I'm just trying to help him sell the set up. Its all his now.

post-227-1153448536_thumb.jpg

Edited by goochy

Any of you guys get Lonnie's bikini wing covers?

I bought a set and the smaller cover was way too tight. I had to send it back to him yesterday. Just wondering if it was a bad run of them or what.

only full covers on foils in my boat. afraid the foil will cut my interior. Any one looking at a hydrofoil, be sure to test ride before you buy. The new billet foils are so much better than the older cast foils. Just DO NOT ride the LEX or LE unless you have ALOT of CASH !!!!!!!!!!! I rode the new LE 38 it was sweet but it cost $5000.00 .. NOT me thats to much ..... I could buy me a nice used KTM for that much. ( my other hobbie dirt bikes ) . but you get what you pay for. The B 39 , and the 2 pc billet foils ROCK !!!!!!!!

... Not much in my trick bag, bunny hops , kangroo jumps, wake to wake jumps , no handed floaters, skidders, .....

i have those sometimes too, but mainly when I barefoot... Biggrin.gif

Hey Goochy nice pics. I've been talking to Daniel, and we're gonna try to get together towards the end of Aug or early September for a weekend of riding. Maybe we can arrange something over your way. Not too much in my trick bag either, but it sure is fun to ride.

Well,

Even if nobody on here has "Cinch" bikini wing covers for their foils, I gotta plug Lonnie.

I sent back the one cover that was too small in the regular mail Tues. and the new one is here, today!

That guy is the best customer service oriented guy I've ever dealt with. (And, I've dealt with a lot)

http://cinchmax.com/

Lonnie definately is a good guy to deal with. Just about any sky ski product you need he'll have at your door in a matter of a few days. Definately wouldn't want to do it without the cinch products either. It does help that he is only 2 hrs drive from here too. Any interested foilers should try to make the False River Fly In on the first weekend of October. It'll be a great weekend on the water.