Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Dash blinking is driving me nutz...

Wakesetter67

Great, keep us posted. I give you a lot of credit for dealing with this again year and a half. I have 2 hrs on my boat since the 7" change out and there's no way I have that kind of patience. 

Well my Dealer has done everything Malibu has told them to try, Thankfully it did not effect  performance in any way, And my dealer always makes it right for my inconvenience, But about 2 months ago I finally said enough is enough order me new screens, For some reason Malibu did not think that would fix the problem, We even added a filter that was suppose to do the trick, It helped a little I guess but still Blinked about every 5 Seconds or less, So I'm cautiously optimistic....No wood in these boats to knock on..LOL.. 

On 8/30/2016 at 8:58 PM, Wakesetter67 said:

Well my Dealer has done everything Malibu has told them to try, Thankfully it did not effect  performance in any way, And my dealer always makes it right for my inconvenience, But about 2 months ago I finally said enough is enough order me new screens, For some reason Malibu did not think that would fix the problem, We even added a filter that was suppose to do the trick, It helped a little I guess but still Blinked about every 5 Seconds or less, So I'm cautiously optimistic....No wood in these boats to knock on..LOL.. 

Mine is being very flexible on this issue. They came out Wednesday and put another 7" screen which made it 10 min before it started flashing. I showed the tech this thread. They've order both screens and the cable. Everybody is really hoping your success has continued. Did you get a chance to get out on the water again?

3 hours ago, gdmatson said:

Mine is being very flexible on this issue. They came out Wednesday and put another 7" screen which made it 10 min before it started flashing. I showed the tech this thread. They've order both screens and the cable. Everybody is really hoping your success has continued. Did you get a chance to get out on the water again?

Yep put another 4 Hr's on her the other day and perfectness!! I think we got it this time, In fact I told them to hold off switching out the 7" screen because I don't want to jinks it...LOL I may just leave it the way it is, It is a well documented problem and if I ever have the same issue even after my warranty expires I'm sure my dealer will take care of me! Oh and just to clarify, It blinked every time we used the boat, ALL DAY!  for 2 seasons, So I know for sure the new 12" worked, 

Edited by Wakesetter67

our 7' screen froze , they sent us out a new 7' screen that caused the 12" screen to flash on and off not stop ..
,put the old screen back on and 12" screen was fine ..

so medalion sent out a new 7' with the correct program and perfect !

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

2015 VLX.  Dash has been blinking intermittently since new.  The mute button used to take over in stereo.  Some components where replaced and it quit doing that. Now the blinking in increasing in time, almost strobe like at times.  My servicing dealer has been very responsive to me.  I couldn't ask for a better guy.  Malibu has a real problem with this and hope they come up with a fix.  Also the tower speakers started making a constant clicking sound and. No music is coming out of them.  I haven't resolved that yet.  And my G4 tower is very noisy.  Creeks and cracks all the time.  We have performed the update with the sound deadoner plastic sheets and retork.  But the sound is back. 

• 3 months later...

I have a 2015 Malibu 22VLX.  My screen has been blinking since I first bought it as new.  It locks up and I have to restart it. Also the blinking is getting worse.  It seems to do it less when the motor isn't running and in accessory mode. I recently received a replacement cord that plugs into the rear of the component but I won't now if that will fix it until next spring.  This is a very common problem with Malibu boats.  I look forward to the day this gets figured out.  I love about everything else about he boat.  I also want to add that I have been a visiting owner at the Ski Shack in Springfield MO.  AND they have treated me like royalty.  You couldn't ask for a better group of folks. This is a manufacture problem not a dealer problem.  Whomever manufactures those  control screens for Malibu needs to cough up some money and fix this problem for all of us dealing with this. I would like to see it covered under a national recall.

55 minutes ago, Blj said:

I have a 2015 Malibu 22VLX.  My screen has been blinking since I first bought it as new.  It locks up and I have to restart it. Also the blinking is getting worse.  It seems to do it less when the motor isn't running and in accessory mode. I recently received a replacement cord that plugs into the rear of the component but I won't now if that will fix it until next spring.  This is a very common problem with Malibu boats.  I look forward to the day this gets figured out.  I love about everything else about he boat.  I also want to add that I have been a visiting owner at the Ski Shack in Springfield MO.  AND they have treated me like royalty.  You couldn't ask for a better group of folks. This is a manufacture problem not a dealer problem.  Whomever manufactures those  control screens for Malibu needs to cough up some money and fix this problem for all of us dealing with this. I would like to see it covered under a national recall.

With ours (2013 MXZ) it was a early sign that the battery was on it way out, new battery, better voltage, solved it for us. Either that or a poor conection, I would start with the battery terminals. Hope this helps you.

• 1 year later...

2015 Wakesetter 247 LSV 12" Screen is blinking.    I just replaced the viper 2 7" screen and now the 12" screen is blinking.   I swapped the old unit back in just to see to isolate whether or not it could be a cable issue.   No blinking when using the old Viper 2.    I have read many posts in here about filters and service bulletins but dont see one definitive answer on solving problem.   Feels like I am about to start looking for a needle in a haystack and each part costs about $3500!   Very disappointing Malibu didnt put some pressure on Medallion to get this stuff right.   Really hurt their reputation IMHO.