Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

good news, bad news--2016 vinyl

dppendar

bad news is the boat was returned with boot prints all over the vinyl and a mess over all......(had surf pipe installed at the dealer)

good news is that the vinyl cleaned up easily and looks great after cleaning pollen and shoe/boot prints.  I was concerned after reading some of the posts but seems to have turned out well!

Used the vinyl sauce.

2 hours ago, dppendar said:

bad news is the boat was returned with boot prints all over the vinyl and a mess over all......(had surf pipe installed at the dealer)

good news is that the vinyl cleaned up easily and looks great after cleaning pollen and shoe/boot prints.  I was concerned after reading some of the posts but seems to have turned out well!

Used the vinyl sauce.

Did you have to scrub with a brush?  Or just wipe down with the sauce and a towel?

Vacuumed with brush attachment really well, then sauce and towel.

used another soft scrub brush for problem areas.  had random tiny spots of adhesive on the vinyl when first delivered that came off as well.

+1 installed full integrated ballast system and did my 10 hr. service (engine, trans, and v drive oil changes) before doing a single cleaning. Interior got pretty dirty and to top it all off I have quite a bit of white vinyl. I used the vinyl sauce and a scrub brush, then wiped off with microfiber towel, cleaned up great!

I found that using vinyl sauce with a thicker towel worked fine.  My dock had to be re-oiled and before this there was a ton of grey ash if you will that would get on the boat then step on it and it made footprints.