Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 lsv power wedge issue.

tspkenneth

Hey all. I'm having issues with my wedge not deploying. Everything was working perfectly at the end of last season. First day out this season, we tried deploying the wedge while moving forward but the wedge gauge needle barely moved and kinda just stuck shaking a little. So I pushed the up button to make it go back to original up position. I Tried searching for common issues and figured I check the fuse. I only see an encased greenish 30amp fuse in the fuse box right behind the wedge wires and cannot locate any reset circuit breaker or any other inline fuses that everyone is talking about. Any help would be great!

can you hear the wedge trying to deploy? If there is no sound movement at all then its probably an electrical issue, either a loose wire or fuse or possibly a bad switch. If you hear it trying to deploy with no movement you probably have  bad actuators.

Yes, i hear them for a split second trying to deploy but no movement. I also took a look at the actuators and on both, the plastic end caps are completely gone. So im assuming water got in to cause the malfunction. Has the endcaps for anyone completely broke off on your actuators? I've seen pictures in other threads where the end caps slide off but are still hanging on the actuator piston, but both of mine are completely gone. Seal and all.

• 3 weeks later...

If they tried to deploy then I'd guess the actuator themselves need to be replaced. Might try checking their alignment first and see if that helps - if they aren't at the same exact length, they can bind.

On 4/22/2016 at 9:42 AM, tspkenneth said:

Yes, i hear them for a split second trying to deploy but no movement. I also took a look at the actuators and on both, the plastic end caps are completely gone. So im assuming water got in to cause the malfunction. Has the endcaps for anyone completely broke off on your actuators? I've seen pictures in other threads where the end caps slide off but are still hanging on the actuator piston, but both of mine are completely gone. Seal and all.

Perhaps you put them away filled with water and they froze over the winter?  If so, time for new actuators.  If they are 102s I just posted 2 in classifieds.