Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What board do the ladies ride?

MIKEGOUGH1

My wife wants to get her own wakeboard after using my son's last season and this season. She probably will never get very radical on it, at best probably some modest jumping and maybe some easy tricks. What are some of the boards the ladies are riding, not competition mind you, that would be good for my wife? She weights 110 lbs and is 5'6".

My wife just got a HL Blur, which is the same as the Drive. I think the Divine is the same as the Motive, which is a popular beginner board. The Eden is also popular - it is the same as the State.

Ah, Heidi (hgaugh) is riding an Alta this year, very fast board - I had to try it just because. Fun board to ride, minimal forgiveness.

My wife is riding a CWB Pure...she loves it...because of the colors :Doh:

It's solid white on top with a big blue diamond on the bottom. Of course, her vest matches too...

It's a pretty light board but, I think it's too loose & a little too aggressive for her skill level. She just didn't like the way any of the other boards looked.

Whatdayado? Whistling.gif

My wife is riding a CWB Pure...she loves it...because of the colors :Doh:

It's solid white on top with a big blue diamond on the bottom. Of course, her vest matches too...

It's a pretty light board but, I think it's too loose & a little too aggressive for her skill level. She just didn't like the way any of the other boards looked.

Whatdayado? Whistling.gif

If the looks are what she cares about, keep her happy and let her ride the "pretty" board.

Ah, Heidi (hgaugh) is riding an Alta this year, very fast board - I had to try it just because. Fun board to ride, minimal forgiveness.

Thanks babe :) The Alta is a fantastic board now that I am using her how she is supposed to be used! Crazy.gif

I started with the Diva though and it was a great beginner board. If you go to the O'brien, Liquid Force or Hyperlite websites they will tell you alot about the boards. You also can go to some shops and they will let you rent them or demo them.

Tracie...tell Slider I caught 2 feet of air this weekend...I was flying!!! (I know some of you are like 2 feet big deal... :) ) Anyway...I thought of you guys and just went for it!

Awesome Heidi! Just keep working it, a little bit more each time & pretty soon you'll surprise yourself at how far you've progressed.

I liked your board quite a bit, although it is much different than the Belmont. Much more grip to that board without punishing you for it. It looks like they have a smaller version - it's nice to see board manufacturers making boards for women that aren't just at the beginner level. Still, I'm going to stick with my trusty Belmont for now. It's not the newest or techiest, but I like it & trust it. I went bigger this past weekend than I've ever gone in my life (by a pretty big margin too), so it's not the board holding me back.

WakeMD rides an LF Angel 130 and she's wanting to try the LF Cadence 131 to compare styles. I switched from a Team to a Substance (same boards different names for different gender) and loved the snowboard feel.

My wife wants to get her own wakeboard after using my son's last season and this season. She probably will never get very radical on it, at best probably some modest jumping and maybe some easy tricks. What are some of the boards the ladies are riding, not competition mind you, that would be good for my wife? She weights 110 lbs and is 5'6".

I just got the HL Blur (this is MrsZZButler) and it's a great board. It's very easy to cut loose from the water for surface tricks, and it edges hard without much effort! The best part though is it's smooth and stable landings on the jumps. I can't jump too big - yet! - but coming off the water a couple of feet or so, it has been very, very forgiving to me on the landings, no matter how ugly they were that board stayed underneath me until I could regain a good body position again. Plus, the board is really pretty! Thumbup.gif

Edited by zzbutler

My wife is on a 04 HL Divine 134. The Divines are the same board as the HL Motives. The only difference is the Divine has more female oriented graphics. The Motives are considered great beg/intermediate boards.

Went thru the catalogs last night, and my wife picked her board and bindings, went with the 128 Diva and Element bindings because she liked the way they looked, and hey, image is everything.

Thanks for all the input everyone.