Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HELP!!!! Throttle not responsive !!

2011 23 LSV Wakesetter Throttle not responsive. First time in the water boat's throttle will no response. Boat idles and starts good.  acceleration takes 5- 6 seconds to response sometimes. The boat is in crippled mode. Took in to shop and had the codes clear and throttle switch replaced and same problem happen again, switch did not fix anything   . Mechanic now wants to replace the whole throttle assembly.   The Active Engine Faults are Data Valid but Above Normal Range . Any suggestions will Help Thank you 

TPS and also check your speed control rarely the servo does not rewind and can lose throttle.  More likely TPS or I assume drive by wire problems.  If the later that is something I cannot help.  Good luck.

The throttle went bad.  They are not serviceable, and therefore needs to be replaced, provided that's the issue.  Unless I'm loosing my mind, 2011 throttle does not have any switch that is replaceable it's just a straight up Ski Command throttle until the Livorsi's came into use.  Prior to the Ski Command, and in direct drive boats the Teleflex throttle had a position sensor mounted to the back that was replaceable, and usually stopped working due to an installation error of over tightening the screws.

So, my point with my initial post was to clarify that his mechanic is probably right, and the throttle needs to be replaced. 

On a side note, it is in the 5V reference circuit, so there can be other sensors that cause the issue, but none are more likely than the throttle itself.

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

I have 2015 23 LSV that would go in and out of limp mode. Dealer tried to fix once and it failed. They then figured out that on the LS3 there was defective ground wire location. Moved ground wire to block and fixed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have some of those potentiometers (or PPS) that mount with 4 screws to the back of the Ski Command throttle assembly that came on the 2011-2012 Malibu boats. The one I'm referring to is made by CTS and has part number 503-06656.  I sell them for $105 each. That beats buying a new throttle assembly.  Email me at [email protected].   You can go straight to ebay and purchase one at .....  Here is the ebay link to order https://www.ebay.com/itm/195324979547

Edited by CLT
added link to ebay
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have been selling these potentiometers (or PPS) that mount with 4 screws to the back of the Ski Command throttle assembly that came on the 2011-2012 Malibu boats. The one I'm referring to is made by CTS and has part number 503-06656.  They are priced at $105 each. That beats buying a new throttle assembly.  There have not been any complaints with the purchase of this item.   You can go straight to ebay and purchase one at......Ebay link to buy https://www.ebay.com/itm/195324979547

Edited by CLT
update link
  • 11 months later...

@pokeefe314 I have the same problem and the dealer has changed the throttle to no avail, was it the main engine ground that they relocated. What other details can you give me that fixed your problem. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a2006 Malibu wakesetter VLX engine roll high prop not turning as fast takes a bit to come out of the whole and plain all fluids are good prop is good any advice what this could be