Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

OEM Board racks for G3 (And tower mount mirror)?

geogilbert

Where can I buy OEM spinner racks for my new 2015 with the G3 tower.  I have looked all over and am only finding after market stuff that does not match. Any thoughts? 

Also, any suggestions for Tower mount mirrors? Either black or white to match the tower. Boy, the windshield mounted mirror is worthless. 

Edited by geogilbert
5 minutes ago, Josh4mc said:

I was looking for tower mounted mirrors today. The only two I came up with is the one Stevo posted above (OEM I believe) and this aftermarket one.

http://www.nice-rack.com/mirror-arms-for-malibu-tower 

I'm not sure which I prefer.

I want to say @bunji169 has the nice rack , and I think he had an issue,

or I could be wrong and he just modified it somehow. 

On the Samson, you can rotate the mirror to the to the side to stow it for towing the boat, but we choose to un-bolt it and put it in the rear lockers going to and from the water

Edited by Stevo
  • 1 month later...

I have 1 set of spinner racks and a arm mirror off my 13 lsv I would sell. My boat came with 2 sets of racks and these have never really been used. I sold my 13 and bought a 16 with clamping racks and the G4 tower so the mirror won't work any more. PM if you would like them.

On 2 June 2016 at 1:09 PM, Ottomatic said:

I have 1 set of spinner racks and a arm mirror off my 13 lsv I would sell. My boat came with 2 sets of racks and these have never really been used. I sold my 13 and bought a 16 with clamping racks and the G4 tower so the mirror won't work any more. PM if you would like them.

Pm sent

• 3 years later...
On 4/18/2016 at 11:03 PM, Stevo said:

I want to say @bunji169 has the nice rack , and I think he had an issue,

or I could be wrong and he just modified it somehow. 

On the Samson, you can rotate the mirror to the to the side to stow it for towing the boat, but we choose to un-bolt it and put it in the rear lockers going to and from the water

@bunji169 @bunji69Hello!

I saw that you once mentioned nice-racks tower mirror arms. I am considering purchasing a mirror arm for my '18 VLX (G3.5 tower). Now that you've used the nice-rack version for a couple of years, would you mind weighing in on how it has compared to the OEM standard? Given there doesn't seem to be a ton of nice-rack users (and reviews) I'd sincerely appreciate your point of view. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by EthanMitch
2 hours ago, EthanMitch said:

@bunji169 @bunji69Hello!

I saw that you once mentioned nice-racks tower mirror arms. I am considering purchasing a mirror arm for my '18 VLX (G3.5 tower). Now that you've used the nice-rack version for a couple of years, would you mind weighing in on how it has compared to the OEM standard? Given there doesn't seem to be a ton of nice-rack users (and reviews) I'd sincerely appreciate your point of view. 

Thanks in advance!

I dont think he’s active on the forum any longer, he’s moved through a few boats since 2016 and is in a Supra now IIRC.

Edited by Stevo

I have the nice rack tower mirror arm with a PTM mirror. I have had it for several season and had no issues. I like that it folds and locks in place without anything to tighten. Just push the button and move it up and out of the way.

ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, Stevo said:

I dont think he’s active on the forum any longer, he’s moved through a few boats since 2016 and is in a Supra now IIRC.

His profile says last visited September 13, 2011

On 8/25/2019 at 10:28 AM, Gfrost said:

I have the nice rack tower mirror arm with a PTM mirror. I have had it for several season and had no issues. I like that it folds and locks in place without anything to tighten. Just push the button and move it up and out of the way.

@Gfrost Thanks so much for the response! When you have a moment over the next few days would you mind taking a couple photos of it both stored for transport and deployed?  How's the build and hardware quality?