Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aftermarket surf gate set up??

benlo

Just looking to see if anyone does a full kit for a surf gate set up aftermarket. I have a 2007 Vlx wakesetter and was wondering if anyone has fitted anything like this to their similar model boat. Also, I'm a big bloke (115kg, sorry don't know pounds I'm an Aussie) just looking for a bit of direction on type and length of wakesurf board. Thanks

Wakemakers has one that I'm salivating over to put on my 2011 23LSV. Gonna run you $4,000US though. It's not a "surf gate" but really good awesome and adjustable trim tabs. Everything I have read or seen about it suggests it's just as good as Surfgate. 

I have a manual set up from Wicked Wake Surf. It's plenty good for me and it will get me to my next boat with surf gate.

It does look comparable. The Go Surf Assist honestly has a cleaner look to it and appears to be more fine tuneable if that's even a word. But, it is about a grand more. I did hear a rumor though that they went on sale for a bit. Right now though, they are back ordered so you can't even get GSA at this point to my knowledge. 

Go Surf told me they are about 5 weeks out. I still think it's a little steep. Gotta think there will be more players for this soon. I think I'll go with a removable for now...

2 hours ago, jwl019 said:

There is another option that I saw this past weekend in my facebook newsfeed that looks comparable to GoSurfAssist:

http://boardersmag.com/articles/supersurfr-wakeworx-pressrelease

How the hell do they get a patent for a pair of trim tabs? Especially when there are others making similar systems for the same purpose?

Mission boat gear has a new version of their removable gate coming out that works for both sides.  I'm waiting to see the pricing.  Their single gates get solid reviews, and won't run you much considering.  

I commented on their Instagram today telling them we need more details! Said it should run about 498 for their new delta system that will work on both sides and is apparently smaller