Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New boat which prop

surfdude

Sold my 14 lsv, bought a 15 lsv. Dealer will let me put any prop on it. Last lsv had the marine power 450, ran a 2315, worked great. Thinking for the new boat a 2773, 13 pitch. New boat has the 450 indmar. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2016 at 11:04 PM, surfdude said:

Sold my 14 lsv, bought a 15 lsv. Dealer will let me put any prop on it. Last lsv had the marine power 450, ran a 2315, worked great. Thinking for the new boat a 2773, 13 pitch. New boat has the 450 indmar. Any thoughts?

From your username I am guessing surfing? What is the typical ballast and # of people onboard? What are your goals for the prop? I would say if the 2315 wasn't broke, don't fix it!

We usually run about 4000 lbs total ballast, 4 people. We are at 3500ft and surf around 11.8 mph. Would like to see a little less rpms for surfing and cruising.

Edited by surfdude
Added coment

I was just told by Nettles the acme 2937 which is a 15x11 will give get me out of the hole at altitude & run lower RPM's.  However, I am still trying to wrap my head around prop size, pitch & how that relates to RPM's so don't hold me to that

1 hour ago, racer808 said:

I was just told by Nettles the acme 2937 which is a 15x11 will give get me out of the hole at altitude & run lower RPM's.  However, I am still trying to wrap my head around prop size, pitch & how that relates to RPM's so don't hold me to that

Shouldn't the 11 pitch increase RPMs? Very curious about this prop.

Been using a 2315. Just got a used 2419. Might have to try the 2937. Nobody tell my wife! ;)

21 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Shouldn't the 11 pitch increase RPMs? Very curious about this prop.

Been using a 2315. Just got a used 2419. Might have to try the 2937. Nobody tell my wife! ;)

How was the 2419?  I am altitude 5200', I am not sure if the 2419 will be enough.  

9 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

They have some with a 10.5 pitch!

Yeah Nettles said if it wasn't enough he could repitch it to 10.5.  Gonna get the boat home first before I start buying props though

Funny to me, that wakemakers recommends a 15 x14pitch for heavy applications for my boat on their chart, and when I asked them, they really liked the 2773 15 by 13 pitch, 105 cup. Kind of confused!

Edited by surfdude
M s