Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast questions

Harrisonwakeboat

Hello I am Harrison and this is my first post and it is about my ballast sytem. Last summer we bought an 06 waksetter vlx and started to surf but used stock ballast and i noticed that in the v drive compartment it said it is not sopposed to support ballast bags and my question is does any listen to this also what are some ballast options

Nobody pays attention to that. That being said, if you want to put a ton of weight and are concerned about damaging the panel it is easily reinforced.

i had a 2001 vlx and ran 750's in the rear lockers, now have a 14'lsv and run 900's

14 minutes ago, Harrisonwakeboat said:

Hello I am Harrison and this is my first post and it is about my ballast sytem. Last summer we bought an 06 waksetter vlx and started to surf but used stock ballast and i noticed that in the v drive compartment it said it is not sopposed to support ballast bags and my question is does any listen to this also what are some ballast options

I had the same question. Don't worry about the sticker, I was told just make sure you fill the hard tanks first so they don't get crushed. I put an 800 in the back surf side and put another 400 in the bow surf side. It's ok, could be better with more tweaking.

I saw the same sticker, and run 750's in there with no issues.  Like Hunter, I think it's so you don't crush the hard tank.  My system fills the hard tank then overflows into the bags, so no issues.

Thx Guys for the quick responses REHinH20 how do u have the system setup for ur boat how it goes into the bag did u take it to a shop or did u do it yourself

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Plug n Play system "aftermarket" or factory installed? I purchased my boat from private seller (different dealer) and my local dealer charged me to fix leaking PNP connections telling me the system is aftermarket so not covered by warranty.

The actual PNP is a factory option if that's what your boat has. Sounds like the original owner either put in some aftermarket mod or the dealer is juicing margins. Do you have the build sheet for it (dealer should be able to pull that up too)?

2015 23LSV...I do have build sheet..."custom rear PNP" done by Oregon dealer. So, based on local dealer here it is not covered by Malibu Warranty even though I forked out $500 to "transfer" warranty for a boat already under warranty. Been disappointed with things not working on the boat and some "discrepancies" as to what is covered. Tried to not cover VAULT bearing that was leaking and said it had been "tampered" with and showed me a damaged cap. Unfortunately for them I had high def 1080 pic of cap from when it was leaking showing a pristine, non damaged cap. Question their integrity. Been given the impression they are less than happy to provide warranty service on a boat they did not sell. Guess for $100+K that's all you get nowadays....a boat that kinda works. Been out of the water 2x to dealer and still doesn't work completely. Does have 50 hours on it though...what should I expect, right? 

Edited by pokeefe314
update with new info

yeah i guess but all we run now is stock and i am trying to decide between a wakemakers piggback system or two 800 pound fat sacs