Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'15-'16 VLX Dimensions for Sub w/Heater Core

Slurpee

Howdy. Any owners of a '15 or '16 VLX with a heater core behind the foot rest have any dimensions of free space? Pictures of that area showing where the heater core is mounted?  Etc.

I haven't taken delivery yet but I'm planning out rough sub enclosure plans. 

I always hated having the hot tube in the walk thru.... right where all the gear or a cooler seems to be sitting. I rebuilt my sub box last winter & put both the vent & the hot tube below the sub. Works great, easy to reach, driver benefits double.

This is on my TXi,

20151115_145832_20160306_073627.jpg

Similar to AirJunky less moving the heat tube over.

I'm planing to upgrade to a three vent, then I'll add the second hot tube into

the kick panel. Next winter.

2016-03-06 18.21.28.jpg

Edited by Dare2goBare
1 hour ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

I always hated having the hot tube in the walk thru.... right where all the gear or a cooler seems to be sitting. I rebuilt my sub box last winter & put both the vent & the hot tube below the sub. Works great, easy to reach, driver benefits double.

Yeah. That seems like a must otherwise the snorkel totally is in the way. 

• Like 1