Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Pump

Took my '06 IRide with the 320 Indmar in for service and they are telling me the fuel pump has a slow leak coming form the top of the pump... Says there's a pressed on cap at the top and that's where the leak appears to be coming from. Mid last year I did have trouble with the pump whining and determined the intake screen had a slight clog. Cleaned it, (found out how on the forum) and whining stopped and she ran great the rest of the year. This is a new shop, (Nautique dealer) that I have never used before so want to make sure I'm getting the straight scoop before replacing the pump. Doe's this sound like an issue that could have been caused by the pump getting hot when the screen was clogged?

From what I understand, when the pump is whining like that, it's because there is a fuel supply problem, ie; dirty fuel filter or maybe that screen is clogged. When it happened to me, I replaced the filter with one cross referenced at Napa. Never had the problem again.

Any chance you didn't get the pump back together correctly or might have needed a new gasket after opening it up?

The problem started last year with it wining.. I replaced the filter and cleaned the screen and it stopped whining and ran great. The intake line where the screen is is at the bottom of the pump.. Shop is telling me it's leaking from the top..

That's what he's telling me, it may have got hot and caused it to expand, but never had worked done there and just trying to make sure I don't get ripped like I did at the Malibu dealer last year..

Yeah, I am going by there today to look it over. Anyone know the best place to buy a fuel pump? Looking around seems like it's about $350...

58 minutes ago, Trucker said:

Yeah, I am going by there today to look it over. Anyone know the best place to buy a fuel pump? Looking around seems like it's about $350...

http://www.skidim.com/

They are pretty knowledgeable guys too, so maybe a phone call to ask your question would be worthwhile.